+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 20mph online petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    NHS, M4 Brynglas car park, Economy, traffic speed, cycle lanes, bus lanes, road blocks, road closures, schools, kids coming out of care free money, free prescriptions for billionaires, can't travel five miles, lockdown longer when the need has already passed, pay towards University fees, ban the English, triple council tax for 2nd homes in tourist areas, crackpot ideas that make Wales worse, that's not brave it's stupidity.
    Take off your blinkers and look at the real world around you.

M4 Brynglas car park – add a couple of extra lanes and within a few years hey will become clogged, but we can always do this ad infinitum.

Economy – the majority of the economy is under the influence of central government.

Traffic speed, cycle lanes, bus lanes, road blocks, road closures – all done to reduce particulate pollution, which will be soon be a significant health risk and to reduce road injuries and deaths (I have significant experience here after 30 years as a paramedic).

Kids coming out of care free money – These children have been disadvantaged all their short lives, moving from homes to foster care and back. What is wrong with giving them support. This is a fraction of what the rich get from tax avoidance.

Free prescriptions for billionaires – I’m sure you can count the number of billionaires in Wales on one hand

Lockdown longer when the need has already passed – That's based on just your opinion and politics. He took expert advice and based his decision on that, not politics as Boris did.

Pay towards University fees – the majority of university educated people complaining of this had their university education for free. The extra tax paid over their lifetime due to their degree more than paid for it.

Ban the English – show me the legislation that bans the English from Wales.

Triple council tax for 2nd homes in tourist areas – if local people cannot buy housing in these areas due to house inflation from second home buyers, then over time these areas will wither and die due to lack of workforce.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post

M4 Brynglas car park – add a couple of extra lanes and within a few years hey will become clogged, but we can always do this ad infinitum.

Economy – the majority of the economy is under the influence of central government.

Traffic speed, cycle lanes, bus lanes, road blocks, road closures – all done to reduce particulate pollution, which will be soon be a significant health risk and to reduce road injuries and deaths (I have significant experience here after 30 years as a paramedic).

Kids coming out of care free money – These children have been disadvantaged all their short lives, moving from homes to foster care and back. What is wrong with giving them support. This is a fraction of what the rich get from tax avoidance.

Free prescriptions for billionaires – I’m sure you can count the number of billionaires in Wales on one hand

Lockdown longer when the need has already passed – That's based on just your opinion and politics. He took expert advice and based his decision on that, not politics as Boris did.

Pay towards University fees – the majority of university educated people complaining of this had their university education for free. The extra tax paid over their lifetime due to their degree more than paid for it.

Triple council tax for 2nd homes in tourist areas – if local people cannot buy housing in these areas due to house inflation from second home buyers, then over time these areas will wither and die due to lack of workforce.
    You conveniently chose to overlook schools

So, as of now, over 300,000 people have signed the petition and this is increasing quickly every minute. According to you these 300,000 people are wrong and you are right. Staggering.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So, as of now, over 300,000 people have signed the petition and this is increasing quickly every minute. According to you these 300,000 people are wrong and you are right. Staggering.
    Just realised he doesn't drive, so it no longer impacts him, that's why he is in the minority and doesn't care about people with busy lives who are being affected by stupid ideas, like don't drive five miles, don't drive faster than twenty.

It is great the petition is growing it shows people have had enough, and there is much more chance of backtracking, we are seeing the first signs already, and support for it is non-existent now.

Just realised he doesn't drive, so it no longer impacts him, that's why he is in the minority and doesn't care about people with busy lives who are being affected by stupid ideas, like don't drive five miles, don't drive faster than twenty.

It is great the petition is growing it shows people have had enough, and there is much more chance of backtracking, we are seeing the first signs already, and support for it is non-existent now.
    So you are saying that because I no longer drive I’m not allowed to have my opinion, despite driving for more than 40 years. I did not ask to have MND, but don’t worry I will not be alive this time next year to argue with you, so you win.

Stop being pedantic.

If the number reaches 3 million then yes the country is against it. But the population of Wales is approximately 3.2 million, with 300,000 petitioning against it. That gives a total of
    9.4% of the population against it. Not exactly a landslide.

It is not whether I am right or wrong, it is a question of whether it better for the citizens of this country or not. Time will show which side is right, but I would rather be on the side that tries to improve the country than the side that says that nothing can be done.

International

Stop being pedantic.

If the number reaches 3 million then yes the country is against it. But the population of Wales is approximately 3.2 million, with 300,000 petitioning against it. That gives a total of

It is not whether I am right or wrong, it is a question of whether it better for the citizens of this country or not. Time will show which side is right, but I would rather be on the side that tries to improve the country than the side that says that nothing can be done.
    9.4% of the population is massive, for a petition!!!!

It's not an election, people have had to find it and take their own time to sign it, this is big news whether you like it or not.

If you add in all the population that it doesn't affect like yourself, it's even more impressive.

Stop being pedantic.

Over 300000 people think it is not better for the citizens of Wales and doesn't improve the country. This is one of the biggest Senedd petitions ever. If the WAG don't take any notice of it, they do so at their peril. It is only your opinion that the new limits are a good idea and over 300000 people disagree with you. You have absolutely no evidence that it will do any good.

Over 300000 people think it is not better for the citizens of Wales and doesn't improve the country. This is one of the biggest Senedd petitions ever. If the WAG don't take any notice of it, they do so at their peril. It is only your opinion that the new limits are a good idea and over 300000 people disagree with you. You have absolutely no evidence that it will do any good.
    On this rare occasion, I agree with you. It isn't one of the biggest Senedd petitions ever btw, it is THE biggest by a country mile. The suggestion from 79blue that it isn't representative of the population is utter rubbish.

The next thing that needs to happen is a voter intention survey asking the public if it intends voting differently over this issue. If it showed it is prepared to, Drakeford has a gun against his head.

We've had it on trial in Abergavenny for months, most people don't stick to the 20 limit once you get out of town anyway. Most will speed up once you get onto the Ross rd, the old Monmouth rd and the A40, thou noticeably less so then they used to. Its just calmed the traffic a little, no big deal at all really. The real t*at has been waiting years for the blackrock to be duelled only for the WAG to put average speed cameras up over the whole new stretch and slap a 50 limit on it! Absolute madness, the old three laner was quicker than it is now years later and after spunking away a few hundred million quid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    We've had it on trial in Abergavenny for months, most people don't stick to the 20 limit once you get out of town anyway. Most will speed up once you get onto the Ross rd, the old Monmouth rd and the A40, thou noticeably less so then they used to. Its just calmed the traffic a little, no big deal at all really. The real t*at has been waiting years for the blackrock to be duelled only for the WAG to put average speed cameras up over the whole new stretch and slap a 50 limit on it! Absolute madness, the old three laner was quicker than it is now years later and after spunking away a few hundred million quid.
    I regularly drive around Abergavenny and Monmouth. It is a big deal, as nobody I know likes it. People who do follow it, invariably drive at 15-17mph, not 20mph. Traffic movement around both towns is much slower.

International

If you believe that you are either his Son, if so how have you got hold of a phone, or completely brainwashed by some crazy cult or something because it is all utter nonsense?

If you believe that you are either his Son, if so how have you got hold of a phone, or completely brainwashed by some crazy cult or something because it is all utter nonsense?
    There is no need to get personal. That just shows that you have lost the argument. It also shows that you cannot argue your point so you have to resort to infantile language.

International

There is no need to get personal. That just shows that you have lost the argument. It also shows that you cannot argue your point so you have to resort to infantile language.
    Ok fair enough it is nonsense, people shouldn't try and defend things that are daft, but you are entitled to your opinion

It is his way
    pathetic