+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Whilst losing our best player is a big blow, we need to now stand up and be counted. We’re not playing a major force in our last 2 games, like a Germany or Spain. We are plying 2 sides who are on a similar level to us.
    If we are to qualify, we need to do it on merit. Georgia haven’t won a group game yet, and the Republic have therir own injury concerns.
    We have the bonus of our last game at home, and if we can’t make the play offs from this position, and with the rest of the players in our squad, then we really don’t deserve it.
    I don't believe we are playing two sides that are equal to us.
    Our players and management seem to have forgotten that just last year, we were Euro semi finalists, deservedly beating Belgium, Russia, etc.
    Why has our mental attitude, technical abilities and tactical approach fallen to the lower standard of opposition, when we really are more capable than we are now believing.
    I'm not being disrespectful to either team, or saying that either game will be easy.
    However, we must have the team ethic and belief that we had last year.
    The sum of all our parts are capable of beating significantly better teams than Georgia and Ireland.

Re: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    I don't believe we are playing two sides that are equal to us.
    Our players and management seem to have forgotten that just last year, we were Euro semi finalists, deservedly beating Belgium, Russia, etc.
    Why has our mental attitude, technical abilities and tactical approach fallen to the lower standard of opposition, when we really are more capable than we are now believing.
    I'm not being disrespectful to either team, or saying that either game will be easy.
    However, we must have the team ethic and belief that we had last year.
    The sum of all our parts are capable of beating significantly better teams than Georgia and Ireland.
    Well said.