+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonight's Captain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tonight's Captain

This post sums up the reason why I will never watch them live , the way folk critise players because they are not pure born Welsh , but do wish to play for us , or play for Swansea,
    how we booed Coleman at the beginning of his career as the Welsh manager , because he dared to play for Swansea , then hailed him as a great Manager due to the Euro's , how we booed Giggs when he played at Cardiff for Man Utd , instead of showing the due respect of his playing achivements as one of the greatest Premieship players of all time , then posting negative comments about his appointment as a Welsh manager , it's all it bit rich now,
    as we now smile , and enjoy the pride after a great win , yep smacks of hyporiciy.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This post sums up the reason why I will never watch them live , the way folk critise players because they are not pure born Welsh , but do wish to play for us , or play for Swansea,
    how we booed Coleman at the beginning of his career as the Welsh manager , because he dared to play for Swansea , then hailed him as a great Manager due to the Euro's , how we booed Giggs when he played at Cardiff for Man Utd , instead of showing the due respect of his playing achivements as one of the greatest Premieship players of all time , then posting negative comments about his appointment as a Welsh manager , it's all it bit rich now,
    as we now smile , and enjoy the pride after a great win , yep smacks of hyporiciy.
    You don't attend matches because of a minority of fans being negative? That sounds negative in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You miss the point entirely. Williams never CHOSE to play for Wales, he never had a CHOICE.

He selfishly played for Wales, because he thought he'd never get a game for his own country, and in doing so denied Welsh players caps for their country.

If he had a choice, he'd obviously play for his own country.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    You miss the point entirely. Williams never CHOSE to play for Wales, he never had a CHOICE.

He selfishly played for Wales, because he thought he'd never get a game for his own country, and in doing so denied Welsh players caps for their country.

How do you really know that though although it could be very likely it’s not a fact Is it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How do you really know that though although it could be very likely it’s not a fact Is it
    What? You actually think Williams chose to play for Wales, rather than England?

I think he may regret his selfish decision a little now mind, Ryan Shawcross (he's also as 'Welsh' as Ashley), got a cap for England when they were struggling for centre backs, even Williams might have been in with a shout

I thought your OP did make one or two points,ie,his timing and athleticism is on the wane and he was more exposed than when Colman was manager but you are talking out of your brown hole on the above.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I thought your OP did make one or two points,ie,his timing and athleticism is on the wane and he was more exposed than when Colman was manager but you are talking out of your brown hole on the above.
    Really, how do you know? Are you actually saying he would rather play for Wales than his own country?

He's more 'exposed' because the tippy tappy game is finished, and defenders now have to defend a bit.
    He's never been athletic (never had any pace), or had 'timing', and is worse than useless in the air.

Quite comfortable staying on the edge of the 18 yard box, passing to his full backs and goal keeper, and 'blocking' the odd shot with his ample torso.

Of course he had a choice. How do you know that he never thought he would get a game for England? You don’t know this at all. As it happens he would have been good enough to have played for England five or six years ago anyway.
    Just for once give him some credit. When he started playing for Wales we were a poor poor side. So he hardly did it for the glory. He has always given 100% to the cause and has suffered nasty injuries as a result. He never ever misses friendlies. He has always been committed. Always.

To put it simply for you he is the best and most successful captain we have had in our history.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Of course he had a choice. How do you know that he never thought he would get a game for England? You don’t know this at all. As it happens he would have been good enough to have played for England five or six years ago anyway.
    Just for once give him some credit. When he started playing for Wales we were a poor poor side. So he hardly did it for the glory. He has always given 100% to the cause and has suffered nasty injuries as a result. He never ever misses friendlies. He has always been committed. Always.

To put it simply for you he is the best and most successful captain we have had in our history.
    we need a clapping hand smiley

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    we need a clapping hand smiley

Who did he deny the opportunity to win caps for Wales and what impact on the team would they have had?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Who did he deny the opportunity to win caps for Wales and what impact on the team would they have had?
    Welsh football players? And how would anyone what impact they would have on the team?

You know why we lost to Denmark tonight? I'll tell you why! Coz super Captain Ash wasn't on the pitch! What do you have to say to that?

I'm still in Copenhagen, sorry for the delay!

Unfortunately I don't have time to respond to you all individually, apologies for that.

I am glad to report though, that the views of some on this MB, aren't the views of the majority of Welsh fans out here.

They want Welshmen playing for Wales, not English rejects!

Have some pride in your country.

I'm still in Copenhagen, sorry for the delay!

Unfortunately I don't have time to respond to you all individually, apologies for that.

I am glad to report though, that the views of some on this MB, aren't the views of the majority of Welsh fans out here.

They want Welshmen playing for Wales, not English rejects!

Have some pride in your country.

Are these the same welsh fans that were singing Hal Robson-Kanu's name on Thursday and Sunday? Are these the same fans that lost their absolute marbles like I did when Vokes scored vs Belgium in Lille. Or are you just telling pork pies. How boring are you that you go round asking this question every Wales game? I suppose you don't rate Brooks or Ampadu?

Anyone that puts that shirt on and wears it with pride deserves nothing but respect and support. Ash is the best captain we've ever had and possibly ever will have. He's always turned up, he always gives his all and he cares, which is more than can be said for some of our welsh born players in the Toshack era.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Are these the same welsh fans that were singing Hal Robson-Kanu's name on Thursday and Sunday? Are these the same fans that lost their absolute marbles like I did when Vokes scored vs Belgium in Lille. Or are you just telling pork pies. How boring are you that you go round asking this question every Wales game? I suppose you don't rate Brooks or Ampadu?

Anyone that puts that shirt on and wears it with pride deserves nothing but respect and support. Ash is the best captain we've ever had and possibly ever will have. He's always turned up, he always gives his all and he cares, which is more than can be said for some of our welsh born players in the Toshack era.
    "He always turned up"...... I love that one

"He always turned up"...... I love that one
    During the Toshack years half our squad pulled out with "injuries". When did Ash do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    You know why we lost to Denmark tonight? I'll tell you why! Coz super Captain Ash wasn't on the pitch! What do you have to say to that?
    I know a few thousand Everton and Stoke fans would have a right chuckle at that!

I know a few thousand Everton and Stoke fans would have a right chuckle at that!
    You know a few thousand Everton and Stoke fans? Good lord.