+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another mass shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another mass shooting

IMO, there is an underground civil war going on in Merica at the moment, I understand that its their 2nd amendment right but don't think i could ever want, or agree with it, mass shootings/killings have not suddenly become a norm in the land of the FREE!, but i cannot remember mass shootings politicised in the way that they are currently, there was also an incident in Chicago which hasn't received as much attention, prolly because only 7 got injured, but it was a multiple incident. I note this morning that Cloudfire have pulled their hosting for 8chan, but another hosting Co. will take it on, if there is a buck to be made!!!. It's a sick world at the moment and we end up arguing on here who is the sickest, if a human wants it that bad enough they will find a way, Thomas Hamilton and Michael Ryan managed to pull it off in a country with relatively strict gun ownership laws, I do think that our strict gun laws have contributed to the UK having a low incident count, that low, i could remember these two names without having to bing. Knife crime? now that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Knife crime? now that's a different story.
    And acid attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    IMO, there is an underground civil war going on in Merica at the moment, I understand that its their 2nd amendment right but don't think i could ever want, or agree with it, mass shootings/killings have not suddenly become a norm in the land of the FREE!, but i cannot remember mass shootings politicised in the way that they are currently, there was also an incident in Chicago which hasn't received as much attention, prolly because only 7 got injured, but it was a multiple incident. I note this morning that Cloudfire have pulled their hosting for 8chan, but another hosting Co. will take it on, if there is a buck to be made!!!. It's a sick world at the moment and we end up arguing on here who is the sickest, if a human wants it that bad enough they will find a way, Thomas Hamilton and Michael Ryan managed to pull it off in a country with relatively strict gun ownership laws, I do think that our strict gun laws have contributed to the UK having a low incident count, that low, i could remember these two names without having to bing. Knife crime? now that's a different story.

All quite right. Thing is that even if we think strict gun laws would achieve anything in terms of reducing gun crime, ( which I don't think it would in a huge country with so many guns already out there), is that a price worth paying ?
    Personally I'd say it's not, and I don't think that some of the people here can understand that lots and lots of Americans would strongly agree with me on that.
    It's a very very different country to the UK now, and the gap is getting wider all the time. These people tend to believe in God, distrust politicians and the state, and will fiercely defend their own right to decide what they say and whether they want to own a gun. That's very at odds with the way we carry on these days and the somewhat docile and subservient stance our own youngsters have.
    I don't think they can imagine why anyone doesn't want the state, or them , to step in and protect them from themselves.

I think that's very sad because we used to have a great country which produced dynamic individuals, but it's probably gone too far now and there's not much point in denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    All quite right. Thing is that even if we think strict gun laws would achieve anything in terms of reducing gun crime, ( which I don't think it would in a huge country with so many guns already out there), is that a price worth paying ?
    Personally I'd say it's not, and I don't think that some of the people here can understand that lots and lots of Americans would strongly agree with me on that.
    It's a very very different country to the UK now, and the gap is getting wider all the time. These people tend to believe in God, distrust politicians and the state, and will fiercely defend their own right to decide what they say and whether they want to own a gun. That's very at odds with the way we carry on these days and the somewhat docile and subservient stance our own youngsters have.
    I don't think they can imagine why anyone doesn't want the state, or them , to step in and protect them from themselves.

I think that's very sad because we used to have a great country which produced dynamic individuals, but it's probably gone too far now and there's not much point in denying it.
    Conversely, lots and lots of Americans may strongly disagree with you too.