Quote Originally Posted by city1927 View Post
The salt mines were good Wieliczka Salt Mine can get their via the local bus. Very nice city, friendly people.
Airport to the centre via a taxi was cheap. The is local bus which was like a school mini bus was very cheap.
The trip to Auschwitz is a must, and as Blue Genie has mentioned nothing can really prepare you for that experience.
I stayed in Hotel Chopin which was about 30 minute walk from the old town centre or a few stops on the tram. It was a business hotel. nothing amazing mind.
You will really enjoy your trip, the food was very cheap when eating out and was well worth having a few sit down meals.
I will return in the future, like Blue Genie idea of hiring a bike that sounds like a plan.
Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
Wonderful city. Great value. Auschwitz and Birkenau a must although it will affect you to the core no matter how much you have read up on it.
Try and visit Zakopane and get a cable car to the top of the Tatra mountain range.
And the most enjoyable thing of all for me was hiring a pushbike for a whole day and cycling around the Polish countryside and off the beaten track. Lovely people, the Poles.
I took a day trip to Zakopane a few years ago. Got to the top of the cable car and could only see about a foot in front of us, complete white out... 😂 I'd only make that trip in the summer if I was you. Supposed to be an amazing view if you can see it though.