Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Neil Warnock on life since Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Neil warnock was a superb manager for cardiff city

He dragged the club up by its bootstraps

A bluebirds legend

Thanks Neil

Seems like Neil Harris ain't doing a bad job either

Warnock is a show off and a whinger but by heck he's a superb manager and we were lucky to have him

It's only a few weeks ago Neil harris was being compared to slade and trollope by a few on here and some even suggested he was warnock in disguise with boring route one football

Some of our supporters are off their heads
    Harris has surprised me with the youth talk, but I went off what I’d seen personally from his teams in games I’d seen (against us and the odd sky game) and I used comments from other managers after games, I also read their messageboards and had a nose of twitter and it all seemed to back the route one football I had seen with my own eyes.

Another self righteous tosser on the ccmb zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Harris has surprised me with the youth talk, but I went off what I’d seen personally from his teams in games I’d seen (against us and the odd sky game) and I used comments from other managers after games, I also read their messageboards and had a nose of twitter and it all seemed to back the route one football I had seen with my own eyes.

Another self righteous tosser on the ccmb zzzz

I repeat Warnock turned this club around from a relegation threatened team to automatic promotion

We were very unlucky not to stay up and had some terrible refereeing decisions go against us not to mention the sala incident , by all accounts he would have found the net

My mate lives next door to Neil Warnock in a village near Bridgend ......him and his wife love it here and felt a real bond with the fans

Its sad to read some of the ill informed diatribes about one of the greatest managers this club has ever seen

The championship is a very very hard league to get out of ......he not only stopped us from being relegated in that first season .....we were aimless , without direction and going down .....but the next season he got us promoted

There is nothing more to be said , the keyboard warrior armchair fans will have their bites , as is their right

But they are wrong and time will prove it

Thank you Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I repeat Warnock turned this club around from a relegation threatened team to automatic promotion

We were very unlucky not to stay up and had some terrible refereeing decisions go against us not to mention the sala incident , by all accounts he would have found the net

My mate lives next door to Neil Warnock in a village near Bridgend ......him and his wife love it here and felt a real bond with the fans

Its sad to read some of the ill informed diatribes about one of the greatest managers this club has ever seen

The championship is a very very hard league to get out of ......he not only stopped us from being relegated in that first season .....we were aimless , without direction and going down .....but the next season he got us promoted

There is nothing more to be said , the keyboard warrior armchair fans will have their bites , as is their right

But they are wrong and time will prove it

Thank you Neil Warnock
    It’s not that hard to get out of. 3 teams manage it every year.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s not that hard to get out of. 3 teams manage it every year.
    and 21 fail

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    and 21 fail
    Not strictly true. Its not the remit of all 24 teams in the division to get promoted or it will be deemed a failure. For the likes of Luton, Barnsley, Wigan, Millwall.etc its about staying in the division.

Of the current Championship 13 teams have been in the Premier League in the last decade, and of the current Premier League 13 teams have been promoted in the last decade. So excluding 7 clubs from the PL who have never played in the Championship thats 26 out of 37 teams in the top divisions that have managed to get promoted out of the Championship.

Not quite the difficult odds that people like to imply.