+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock will walk....

Warnock will walk....

If results don't pick up soon

He is clearly not enjoying the job and I suspect feels he has taken the team as far as he can.

Re: Warnock will walk....

I think this might happen too.

No manager walks these days. No one walks away from hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No manager walks these days. No one walks away from hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    I think that if he did, the club might make it easy for him. Someone else said to me that they think that his heart isn't in it this season, could be right, he doesn't come across as very enthusiastic, and is over playing the underdog card a bit.

I suspect things are different for him. He's nearly 70. His wife has had serious health issues. I dare say he doesn't need the money. I expect that, rather than being sacked (if he does indeed go), he would leave the club under mutual agreement with his head held high.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    If results don't pick up soon

He is clearly not enjoying the job and I suspect feels he has taken the team as far as he can.
    But he keeps telling us to just enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I suspect things are different for him. He's nearly 70. His wife has had serious health issues. I dare say he doesn't need the money. I expect that, rather than being sacked (if he does indeed go), he would leave the club under mutual agreement with his head held high.
    He'said a wealthy man. Money will not be a consideration, family, health and happiness will be.

I can't see him walking away. Unless there's a bust-up with Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    But he keeps telling us to just enjoy it
    I think he enjoyed it first few games. Not so sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    He'said a wealthy man. Money will not be a consideration, family, health and happiness will be.
    Plus professional integrity. He seems like a guy with principles.

If he walks I would be very surprised. Rather him learn from his mistakes and get us a right back and a striker. And another assistant.

These comments are quite alarming... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45700155

The bloke is far too honest for my liking, publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    These comments are quite alarming... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45700155

Here is a thought. Don’t play 4-4-2 (1-1), we haven’t got the players.

These comments are quite alarming...
    ""How do I fix us looking vulnerable? I haven't got a clue if I am honest"

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    ""How do I fix us looking vulnerable? I haven't got a clue if I am honest"
    Maybe don't play Sol who is a clear liability ? Maybe don't drop Bennett, who is the better left back option. That in itself is an easy fix. He talks too much.

Maybe don't play Sol who is a clear liability ? Maybe don't drop Bennett, who is the better left back option. That in itself is an easy fix. He talks too much.
    Careful.

Careful.

I don't think he's making those comments in a way that reflects upon him or his coaching staff, I think that he's saying that they train and prepare correctly, and there's nothing he can do about players ****ing up or lapses in concentration, so, over to them.

The only thing I find strange about all of this is surely NW could see this squad was nowhere near good enough to sompete in the EPL? I just watched a program about City and this summer he was talking about finishing mid table or better!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think he's making those comments in a way that reflects upon him or his coaching staff, I think that he's saying that they train and prepare correctly, and there's nothing he can do about players ****ing up or lapses in concentration, so, over to them.
    That’s how I see it.

Funnily enough it’s this sort of tongue in cheek comment that gets a bit tiresome for me, as opposed to his “honesty”.

It’d be nice if he addressed points directly and got his back up a bit. I wonder whether he lacks a bit of passion and fight in his old age and is becoming a little bit too blasé for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Maybe he should spend the afternoon at home on matchdays then?

It is probaly a step too far for him , however I feel the club has underfunded him ,he always stated we wanted another decent striker, and defender ,he has a weak squad ,he's in no mans land with this team ,and we are going down .

He's a decent man and I'm sure he will do the right thing .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It is probaly a step too far for him , however I feel the club has underfunded him ,he always stated we wanted another decent striker, and defender ,he has a weak squad ,he's in no mans land with this team ,and we are going down .

He's a decent man and I'm sure he will do the right thing .
    Could he be trusted to spend it wisely?

I don’t think what he has had to spend he’s spent wisely.

Going back to last season as well.

Bit wild we aren't bottom

Could he be trusted to spend it wisely?

I don’t think what he has had to spend he’s spent wisely.

Going back to last season as well.
    That is a valid point , perhaps Tan has kept his powder and funds dry ,let's see what January brings.