+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The Tories and Labour have been more concerned about the health of their parties than the good of the country. That's shined through since the vote. Every single action has been to keep May in power and the right wing Tories will do everything to frustrate, delay or just lie through their teeth; while Labour have muddled through because Corbyn lives in a fantasy world where he can get his ideal Brexit through.

Now the hits are coming and I've lost all faith in politicians in this country. The majority of Tories are outright liars, as well as thick, while Corbyn and Labour just go from one gaffe to another.

Also, sorry to hear about your situation, Des. My mate works for a bank (I won't say who), and in the event of no deal/bad deal him and his entire team are leaving the country the day after.
    I can't quite agree with that. Whether you agree with Brexit or not we should never be in a position where 60 hours before original leave date Westminster is finally deciding what the UK's preferred option should be and therefore the 89 MPs who voted against Article 50, for whatever reason they gave at the time, are the ones to be commended as they did everything possible to avoid this scenario. Corbyn is the idiot who wanted Article 50 enacted the day after the referendum. Enact Article 50 this week after Westminster knows what it's doing and we are more likely to i) get a good new deal for the UK - whatever that might be ii) see if our future trade relations with the US will be with Trump or not and iii) see if the EU becomes this super-state some were worried about before. Suddenly the UK is in a position where they might not balls up Brexit.

You can see the 89 here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rticle-9412477

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I can't quite agree with that. Whether you agree with Brexit or not we should never be in a position where 60 hours before original leave date Westminster is finally deciding what the UK's preferred option should be and therefore the 89 MPs who voted against Article 50, for whatever reason they gave at the time, are the ones to be commended as they did everything possible to avoid this scenario. Corbyn is the idiot who wanted Article 50 enacted the day after the referendum. Enact Article 50 this week after Westminster knows what it's doing and we are more likely to i) get a good new deal for the UK - whatever that might be ii) see if our future trade relations with the US will be with Trump or not and iii) see if the EU becomes this super-state some were worried about before. Suddenly the UK is in a position where they might not balls up Brexit.

You can see the 89 here: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rticle-9412477
    That’s the bloody point though, the Tories have wasted 3 years deliberating how to get Brexit without actually doing anything. It’s an absolute farce and how anyone would consider voting Conservative again in the next x years.

That’s the bloody point though, the Tories have wasted 3 years deliberating how to get Brexit without actually doing anything. It’s an absolute farce and how anyone would consider voting Conservative again in the next x years.
    The way it’s going I think the country needs to abstain from voting

Thanks for proving my point

Perhaps not such a farce when you consider the alternatives (Corbyn or Cable !!). The Conservatives have spent the last three years negotiating a deal to leave the EU, as they were given a mandate to do, whereas all the other parties have done is moan, complain and block it without putting forward any alternatives until the last few days or merely stating that they wanted to reverse the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Perhaps not such a farce when you consider the alternatives (Corbyn or Cable !!). The Conservatives have spent the last three years negotiating a deal to leave the EU, as they were given a mandate to do, whereas all the other parties have done is moan, complain and block it without putting forward any alternatives until the last few days or merely stating that they wanted to reverse the referendum.
    Conservative and DUP (paid for whereas many other things haven't been - the NHS for example) have 324 seats in House of Commons and with Sinn Fein abstaining that is a majority. At what point has Westminster been able to have a majority support any concrete leave policy in the past three years despite this? It's completely disingenuous to say issue is with opposition parties when May has spent entire time trying to hold her government together, and characters like Boris quit their ministerial position in protest....only to reverse their decision when they might progress their careers on the back of it. Rees-Mogg turned from saying May's deal turned us into a slave state into now supporting it because he thinks it's the right move tactically!?!

It's completely disingenuous to say issue is with opposition parties.

Which leaders of the Leave campaign do you trust to do Brexit correctly? I'd argue Kate Hoey probably has more credibility than most others at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Conservative and DUP (paid for whereas many other things haven't been - the NHS for example) have 324 seats in House of Commons and with Sinn Fein abstaining that is a majority. At what point has Westminster been able to have a majority support any concrete leave policy in the past three years despite this? It's completely disingenuous to say issue is with opposition parties when May has spent entire time trying to hold her government together, and characters like Boris quit their ministerial position in protest....only to reverse their decision when they might progress their careers on the back of it. Rees-Mogg turned from saying May's deal turned us into a slave state into now supporting it because he thinks it's the right move tactically!?!

It's completely disingenuous to say issue is with opposition parties.

Which leaders of the Leave campaign do you trust to do Brexit correctly? I'd argue Kate Hoey probably has more credibility than most others at this point.
    Wahey! I've been arguing this on social media for about a month now, with no-one willing to provide a coherent answer. I doubt you'll get one on here.

"Which leaders of the Leave campaign do you trust to do Brexit correctly?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Wahey! I've been arguing this on social media for about a month now, with no-one willing to provide a coherent answer. I doubt you'll get one on here.
    Genuine question for anyone who would still vote leave. I won't respond to any names you suggest (other than perhaps thanking you) but I would like to know which politician and/or political pundit is now considered the credible voice of leave. Is it Michael Gove or Kate Hoey? Is there someone I'm missing?

But they haven't spent three years negotiating. They wasted months on a general election and David Davies spent something like four hours in meetings with the EU over the course of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But they haven't spent three years negotiating. They wasted months on a general election and David Davies spent something like four hours in meetings with the EU over the course of a year.
    Would that have made a difference? We're the ones leaving. The EU have their legislations, laws etc. Any deals we want have to fit in with EU framework.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would that have made a difference? We're the ones leaving. The EU have their legislations, laws etc. Any deals we want have to fit in with EU framework.
    They'll accept a softer Brexit but May's "red lines" get in the way. How it took until a few months ago for our first deal to come out is embarrassing. May is doing her best to kick her deal down the road until we have no option to accept it, hence today's announcement. She knew the DUP and ERG wouldn't back her deal but it convinced enough Tory moderates to hold out for her deal, and her deal alone.

They'll accept a softer Brexit but May's "red lines" get in the way. How it took until a few months ago for our first deal to come out is embarrassing. May is doing her best to kick her deal down the road until we have no option to accept it, hence today's announcement. She knew the DUP and ERG wouldn't back her deal but it convinced enough Tory moderates to hold out for her deal, and her deal alone.
    Precisely.

Corbyn might be bad. We know May is bad. He can't be worse.

Raab couldn't be arsed to read the GFA. Davis turned up with ****ing printer paper to meetings to show he'd done work, which he hadn't. Johnson and Gove believe what they'll want if they have a sniff of power. JRM's dad wrote a book on how to make money in a crisis, and he's made £7m and counting. This is the level of shithousery you're dealing with. This Conservative government is the worst government that you could ever conceive and it's not even ****ing close.