Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I sometimes give myself a pat on the back for being one of not very many people it seems who predicted that there could be a Tory majority Government in 2015, this time I got it completely wrong and I'm very pleased to have done so.

Realistically, I think the result is better than the Labour party dared hope for and, as someone who was only going to vote for them because of how Kevin Brennan assisted me in the past, I must say I was won around to becoming a committed supporter by both their manifesto and their leader (who I had been very critical of in the past).

However, best of all, the hubris of Theresa "I, me, mine" May who called an election when she already had a workable majority has, almost certainly, got the reward it deserved - the Conservatives just might end up with an overall majority, but there is no way they can represent it as some sort of endorsement of their strong and stable (what a joke!) leader.

I've been awake since about one and my lack of sleep was all made worthwhile by seeing the Prime Minister's "victory" speech after her constituency result was declared. She looked absolutely devastated and I think I'm right in saying she scuttled off without shaking the hands of all of the other candidates - I reckon she'll be gone within days, or maybe even hours.
I didn't dare believe the YouGov polls and thought younger voters would state a preference then stay in bed - but they didn't.

The real result is better for Labour than the most optimistic pre-election poll. Over 40% and trailing by only 3%.

The Labour big hitters who resigned then tried to oust Corbyn are now sheepishly queuing up to rejoin the Shadow Cabinet.

The Tories are in turmoil and May is politically finished.

And Sheffield Hallam went Labour!

What an amazing night. Time for bed now.