Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
All Corbyn has done is to make the Labour party about the people that is should represent. The divisions have been caused by The Tory Lite amongst the Labour Party, like that A grade Twat Chuka Umunna We haven't had a serious Left Wing Party in this country for many years. I think it's great, somebody who actually has some integrity and who will help the poorest and most vulnerable.
The notion of a "proper" Labour party after the New Labour phase was an attractive one, but the leadership has shown itself to be weak and too easy a target for the right wing media. There are posters on here whose political views I have plenty of time for who are adamant that antisemitism is not an issue in the Labour party, but my own view is that if there was a genuine will at the top of the party to tackle the issue head on, it would not be the festering sore to the party that it is today. Similarly, the way Labour has tied itself up in knots (mainly because of its leaders views on Europe being at odds with those of the majority of its members and MPs) has seen their "all things to all men" approach bring about a situation, which will, almost certainly, lead to confirmation tomorrow that they are almost an irrelevance as men, and women, desert them in droves - all at a time when it is predicted that the governing party are going to finish fifth in the poll.