+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: India v England Fifth Test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: India v England Fifth Test

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    207 all out, simply not good enough after the pre lunch session - this generation of players seem to think there's more honour in losing by having a thrash than drawing by blocking.
    Agree, it's painfully obvious to me that few are test match players. I doubt they ever practise the forward defensive!
    There is a train of thought that you get rid of the short fielders by attacking the bowler and playing your shots. This may work against their own bowlers on English (and Welsh ) pitches but not against this quality of bowler and on Indian pitches.

Entertaining series though, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.
    Credit must go to India, they bowled better and showed the English batsmen how to make BIG scores.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree, it's painfully obvious to me that few are test match players. I doubt they ever practise the forward defensive!
    There is a train of thought that you get rid of the short fielders by attacking the bowler and playing your shots. This may work against their own bowlers on English (and Welsh ) pitches but not against this quality of bowler and on Indian pitches.

Credit must go to India, they bowled better and showed the English batsmen how to make BIG scores.
    To be fair, we did score 477. Scoreboard pressure in the second innings, and it is the way cricket is going. Too many aggressive players, people like Cook and Hameed are a throwback. You take the rough with the smooth with Buttler and Stokes too, Stokes especially is a fantastic all rounder who can win you a game in a session, I'm still not sure re Buttler at the test level though. Letting them get 700+ killed us though, we've got to get better taking wickets on foreign soil, regardless of the batting collapse, they've got to find a spinner. I know they've said Jack Leach has a suspect action (I think that's to save their own arse), he's got to be given a go.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Unfortunately it is the same issue every time.
    Solid start, then lose a wicket, then the domino effect.
    Not sure why England suffer so much and other major test nations do not crumble regularly.
    India had just come off a massive score and probably could have batted on that wicket for 5 whole days, then England show just how you can be skittled out on that beautiful batting wicket.