+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rubin Has Had His Chances

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Rubin Has Had His Chances

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    What skilful footballer that can create something out of nothing? Get you off your seat, it’s not that big a leap
    I don’t remember Koumas tracking back and tackling, I do remember being at Luton on a Valentines night and watching Koumas get us the 3 3 draw,
    I can remember Koumas scoring 2 away at Doncaster or Rotherham one sunny April and winning the game

Skilful creative players are often stifled and yet, like Tomlin they create the parts of the game you remember
    We’re not exactly blessed with players that can turn something out of nothing at the moment, but I’ll bet you remember the way Colwill scored the goal against the Wurzels and created the winner against Ipswich.

He’s a talent, personally I’d treat him like a thorough bred, we’ve got enough cart horses there already
    Yes Koumas did his fair share of work and backtracking too, he was a great player.

Rubin still has time, as many have said he will get better with a bit more experience and better players around him giving him more options.

Re: Rubin Has Had His Chances

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes Koumas did his fair share of work and backtracking too, he was a great player.

Rubin still has time, as many have said he will get better with a bit more experience and better players around him giving him more options.
    Best player ever in a City shirt, for me. I totally agree. People used to coo over Mc Phail, Richard Langey or Jason Fowler but these were showponies who ponced around the park producing little or disappearing too often.

Koumas delivered in nearly every game. Cracking goals, set piece goals, skinning his marker for fun, assists or a flurry of key passes for strikers. He was outstanding.