Quote Originally Posted by Bluebelief View Post
Sion Spence was in the original squad but has pulled out due to injury. I have heard that he has struggled all year with injury , but played through it, but requires to rest now.
Thanks for that, I must say mind that, forget about extra time, many of Sion's team mates were looking absolutely knackered after about seventy five minutes on Tuesday whereas he, with his background of having enjoyed some success in athletics, looked to be coping better than most.

Hopefully, he can come back fit and refreshed in July and do well enough to, perhaps, earn a loan move somewhere at some time during the season - I would prefer that to him having to play in the Under 23 team if it is to continue along the same lines as this season.

As for Abbruzzese, it would not surprise me if he has been released. Increasingly it seems there is a line of thinking which says full backs need to be over a certain height and it's certainly true that attacking teams like to get their big, tall striker free to jump against small full backs on the far post when crosses come over - I would have thought Neil Warnock might subscribe to that line of thinking and that Abbruzzese's lack of inches could have been held against him.

I saw that interview with Neil Warnock which Blue in the Face refers to and was encouraged by what he said. However, if we did go up, I would be very pleasantly surprised to see some of the money we made going towards the Academy getting class 1 status. I say that because it's been a long time since we've seen anything which indicated that youth development is high on the lost of priorities among the decision makers at Cardiff City - unfortunately, the almost complete absence of locally born players with a long attachment to the club playing first team football during this decade encourages a "what's the point?" attitude when it comes to any extra funding for the Academy.