Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
The copper suggested public protection is a low priority for a government which cares even less about the poorest in inner cities, particularly for the non-whites. They've elbowed many thousands of police officers under the guise of essential austerity measures while simultaneously prioritising tax cuts for the wealthy and failing to tackle corporate welfare. I think we all know or suspect that most of the shootings and stabbings are gang and/or drug related. I must confess I couldn't care less about crim on crim murders and murder attempts whether they're poor/deprived or not, but when the police haven't the resources to properly investigate a raft of other crimes along with anti-social behaviour then we should all be alarmed.

The householder arrested today on suspicion of a stabbing murder should be released and handed some sort of Community Award rather than be charged with an offence. Hither Green 'burglar' stabbing: Man, 78, arrested - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43639183
I read somewhere that the job of the police is to protect criminals. That sounds mad but when you think about it if there weren't any criminals there wouldn't be a need for a police force. The police need a certain amount of crime. If the criminals weren't protected by the police they would receive the lynch mob treatment they get in countries where law and order has broken down. In parts of South America and Africa thieves are chased down the street by mobs and then stomped to death. That arrest of the 78 year old is a warning to us that we mustn't hurt criminals. They are like a protected species to the police.