+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we got a big bid for Big Ken, should we sell?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If we got a big bid for Big Ken, should we sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's a very important player for us, we won't get an adequate replacement very easily
    Just what I was thinking. Zohore missed eleven matches with his injury last season, so he scored nine times in twenty nine starts and six substitute appearances. Slightly better than one goal in every four appearances is not great for a central striker, but when he is almost exclusively used as a lone striker with a service to him that very rarely played to his strengths, then I don't think it is bad.

Zohore has something about him which marks him down as one of our players who could make a big impact in the Premier League if he is used as he should be and he becomes confident - I think if we sold him we'd probably have to pay more than we got for him to get a like for like replacement, especially if we are favouring the domestic market and players with Premier League experience.

Ken might just win his first senior cap for Denmark tonight - they're playing Sweden (ko 6.45), wonder if there's a stream anywhere?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just what I was thinking. Zohore missed eleven matches with his injury last season, so he scored nine times in twenty nine starts and six substitute appearances. Slightly better than one goal in every four appearances is not great for a central striker, but when he is almost exclusively used as a lone striker with a service to him that very rarely played to his strengths, then I don't think it is bad.

Zohore has something about him which marks him down as one of our players who could make a big impact in the Premier League if he is used as he should be and he becomes confident - I think if we sold him we'd probably have to pay more than we got for him to get a like for like replacement, especially if we are favouring the domestic market and players with Premier League experience.

Ken might just win his first senior cap for Denmark tonight - they're playing Sweden (ko 6.45), wonder if there's a stream anywhere?
    I disagree with you on one bit. I thought Ken did get service in some games but was guilty of snatching and mis-timing his chances on quite a few occasions. You could certainly put this down to confidence. I don't want to sound too harsh because he clearly has talent and it would be great to see him fulfil his potential with us.

Thanks for the tip off about the Denmark game. Sisto is a player i like for them. I hope Ken makes an impact tonight and gets a shot at the world cup. But what if he does and has a great tournament? We're still very much a selling club and we need to start turning profits on players. My central argument is that Ken maybe more valuable to another club than he is to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I disagree with you on one bit. I thought Ken did get service in some games but was guilty of snatching and mis-timing his chances on quite a few occasions. You could certainly put this down to confidence. I don't want to sound too harsh because he clearly has talent and it would be great to see him fulfil his potential with us.

Thanks for the tip off about the Denmark game. Sisto is a player i like for them. I hope Ken makes an impact tonight and gets a shot at the world cup. But what if he does and has a great tournament? We're still very much a selling club and we need to start turning profits on players. My central argument is that Ken maybe more valuable to another club than he is to us.
    He was snatching at chances at times last season, but I would say that had a bit to do with the poor service he was getting - when you are getting so few passes which play to your strengths, I would think that you would tend to tense up when one came along.

I'd say the likelihood is that, even Zohore gets his chance tonight and does well, he won't make the final twenty three for Denmark.

Paul you have a PM good news

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

I know its unlikely, but he would be one hell of a signing, is he still at Celta Vigo?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

There might be one on these IPTV subscriptions!