+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR and Soccer Saturday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: VAR and Soccer Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I agree it adds nothing to the game. It seems a really odd change as I don't know what was perceived to be the problem in the first place. It benefitted City against Huddersfield, though. I couldn't believe how often they were trying to pass the ball around their own penalty area from goal kicks. It was just idiotic on their part as it was so easy for the City lads to quickly close them down and put them in trouble.
    I can’t see the point of the new goal kick law, goalies have very often in the past had the ball at their feet in the six yard box during open play yet it was very rare that a defender would run back to receive a two yard pass from him. I know from the goal kick the attackers have to be outside the box but they’re still close enough to create pressure. Teams like Huddersfield, thinking that they’re better footballers than they are, are committing suicide doing it. Oh for someone like a young Craig Bellamy in these situations, he’d have had Huddersfield’s pants down every time. As for Fulham using it the other night, I wasn’t sure what type of football was more mind numbing, our hit and hope or their two centre backs playing keep ball deep in their half.

Re: VAR and Soccer Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I can’t see the point of the new goal kick law, goalies have very often in the past had the ball at their feet in the six yard box during open play yet it was very rare that a defender would run back to receive a two yard pass from him. I know from the goal kick the attackers have to be outside the box but they’re still close enough to create pressure. Teams like Huddersfield, thinking that they’re better footballers than they are, are committing suicide doing it. Oh for someone like a young Craig Bellamy in these situations, he’d have had Huddersfield’s pants down every time. As for Fulham using it the other night, I wasn’t sure what type of football was more mind numbing, our hit and hope or their two centre backs playing keep ball deep in their half.
    As a tactic, I think it's silly for all but the top teams who have ball players at the back. As a rule change, it's fine.