+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do You use A Travel Credit Card ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Do You use A Travel Credit Card ?

Revolut to load dollars when I think the rates are good ( been a few years now, so not bothered with it )

Starling bank ( its app based and you get a notification when you spend ) its my bank at home, you can have " spaces " that you can load money into that you cant spend without moving back to your account, so I can chuck a few spare quid in when its not needed,
    all my family have Starling, so its easy to ping money around, £100 a week to my daughter in Uni goes out as a reoccuring payment, but its just a flick of a slider to turn that on and off

Halifax Clarity is my " real credit card " for car hire etc etc who often take Ghost payments at certain Times ( check in and Tolls )

Post Office Card, mainly used to load money on ( you the Caxton is )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Revolut to load dollars when I think the rates are good ( been a few years now, so not bothered with it )

Starling bank ( its app based and you get a notification when you spend ) its my bank at home, you can have " spaces " that you can load money into that you cant spend without moving back to your account, so I can chuck a few spare quid in when its not needed,
    all my family have Starling, so its easy to ping money around, £100 a week to my daughter in Uni goes out as a reoccuring payment, but its just a flick of a slider to turn that on and off

Halifax Clarity is my " real credit card " for car hire etc etc who often take Ghost payments at certain Times ( check in and Tolls )

Post Office Card, mainly used to load money on ( you the Caxton is )
    After my German state pension kicked in just over a year ago I had difficulty finding a bank account in Euros (as I reside in the UK) and I saw no point in the amounts concerned (a mere 40 Euros a month) attracting conversion fees into Sterling when I wanted to use the money in Europe anyway.
    However, I became aware of Starling Bank, which permits customers to have a Euro account if just £1 is held in one of their Sterling accounts. Apparently, it's easy to switch money between the two accounts and one card covers both. Not used it yet in anger but I'm glad I'm not now paying conversion rates in both directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    After my German state pension kicked in just over a year ago I had difficulty finding a bank account in Euros (as I reside in the UK) and I saw no point in the amounts concerned (a mere 40 Euros a month) attracting conversion fees into Sterling when I wanted to use the money in Europe anyway.
    However, I became aware of Starling Bank, which permits customers to have a Euro account if just £1 is held in one of their Sterling accounts. Apparently, it's easy to switch money between the two accounts and one card covers both. Not used it yet in anger but I'm glad I'm not now paying conversion rates in both directions.
    My daughter has a Euro account with them aswell, one of her coaching jobs pays her in Euro's, he app just lets her move the money around from account to account, its very easy