+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Speeding fine conundrum ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Speeding fine conundrum ?

OK I have found "pepipoo" online, registered & raised a thread.
    I filled in the "NIP Wizard" form & got the answer "If you can show that after reasonable diligence you have been unable to determine the identity of the driver, you will not be guilty of S172 failure to provide"
    I think that with all that I have done that I have indeed shown "reasonable diligence" in trying to determine who was driving.

I'm really keen to hear how this goes. It really angers me that on the one hand you get rich people able to afford the services of that Nick Freeman who would most likely get these "offences" thrown out, meanwhile the ordinary bloke in the street is denied justice.

Agreed.
    This has been playing on my mind since I received the fine as although I know that I definitely have not committed the offence things that I have read online suggest that I could still be found guilty & that if I do not accept the fine I could end up with more points, a bigger fine & court costs than if I just pleaded guilty

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Agreed.
    This has been playing on my mind since I received the fine as although I know that I definitely have not committed the offence things that I have read online suggest that I could still be found guilty & that if I do not accept the fine I could end up with more points, a bigger fine & court costs than if I just pleaded guilty
    Justice will prevail.

Hopefully

If you accepted guilt you would also have increased insurance premiums for five years.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    OK I have found "pepipoo" online, registered & raised a thread.
    I filled in the "NIP Wizard" form & got the answer "If you can show that after reasonable diligence you have been unable to determine the identity of the driver, you will not be guilty of S172 failure to provide"
    I think that with all that I have done that I have indeed shown "reasonable diligence" in trying to determine who was driving.
    The people who post on there are ex police officers , judges, speeding experts.

I took advice from a policeman , that I had a brilliant case, when two knob policemen came right up behind me one dark evening blinding me in a normal police car. He advised I fight the case as they had no way of measuring my speed , the story is of course a bit more involved. I sent my letter in pleading not guilty , went on pepipoo registered my case. My defense was torn to shreds , had to get a solicitor who cost a fortune, had a fine 5 times the usual FFP was lucky to escape with the usual 3 points.