+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Supporters - are you even Welsh??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our Supporters - are you even Welsh??

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    That might be a constructive post. I don't for one moment intend to reproach anyone for having an opinion .
    If it's taken like that , it's a mistake . What I often do is to express my own view quite forcefully and when I see a problem with the opposite argument I will use all sorts of devices to point that out.
    I do certainly use colourful language , and sometimes I'm joking whilst sometimes I'm not and I do appreciate that the difference is sometimes subtle . However, I'm a great supporter of most freedoms, including those of speech and expression, so please don't think that I'm trying to stamp them out in anyone.
    I'm a bit old fashioned in that I regard open debate as a bit of a round house and I probably expect a bit more robustness than is present with young people now, or even older people who have joined the yogurt knitting ,politically correct fashion.

If someone is saying something daft, I don't think it's helping them to pretend to see their point, but maybe a lot of them are so sensitive now that it upsets them to hear stuff they don't like or which contradicts the media or state education system.
    Gimp

Re: Our Supporters - are you even Welsh??

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Gimp

Listen, I wonder whether you know that there are places where that's not considered to be a good argument .
    It's actually a bit pathetic if your only ability to respond is to launch some abusive crap which you wouldn't say to anyone in person .

Do you think it makes you sound clever or hard or what ?