Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
You seem to have glossed over this part of the guardian article

"the research suggests that 86% of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging in Britain, which is higher than the national average of 83%. A large majority (91%) of the British Muslims who took part in the survey said they felt a strong sense of belonging in their local area, which is higher than the national average of 76%."

Same poll claims that 52% of muslims think homosexuality should be illegal. Well guess what, fifty years ago it WAS illegal. It would be interesting to see what the results would be if you ran the same poll with of Catholics, Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, Baptists etc
I haven't glossed over anything. We were discussing attitudes to Sharia law. The interviews in the study were conducted with willing participants, in their homes, and face to face. Which, I believe, would mean that the sample would not be reprsentative of the average person in any particular subset. Participants would have to be willing to have a stranger in their home, and to admit to frowned-upon or illegal thoughts, attitudes and behaviours.

My contention is that the study under-represented the support for Sharia law that truly exists amongst UK muslims.

Having lived on Severn Grove for twenty years, I've walked past the mosque at least 5,000 times. There are always people milling around outside, so I smile and nod approvingly, as I believe that fostering warm community relations begins with one's own behaviour. Sometimes I'm met with smiles.

What is apparent to me, having worked and volunteered as a tutor in the nearby Severn Rd Centre for twelve years (I stopped in 2014), is that there is very little desire to mix with non-muslims. I must have tutored at least twenty Muslim women in that time and if I saw them in the street they would invariably ignore my hello, especially if they were with their children or friends. Included in that sad behaviour was a white convert to Islam, originally from Gwaen Cae Gurwen, who completely blanked me in Grangetown when I passed her. There was one Bengali woman who'd say hi but she was, let's say, intellectually challenged.

All of these women were very friendly to me in class, but I'd imagine that talking to me on the street would have drawn huge disapprobation.

When it comes to community relations I've talked the talk and walked the walk. My children and grandchildren are all mixed nationality/race, I've had long term relationships with Africans, Indians and Orientals. I've worked in schools in inner-city Bradford, I've volunteered to teach numeracy and literacy to immigrants. At university I chose to live with Africans and Indians and wrote my dissertation on institutional racism. I was in the Anti-Nazi League.

I have very few racist tendencies, compared to most people.

However, multiculturalism, as promoted by the globalists has, is and will cause problems that are entirely avoidable. The migration of millions of muslims into western Europe will destabilise the countries involved and lead to much greater levels of conflict than we are currently experiencing.

In my opinion.