+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Social distancing isnt working as well as it should

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Social distancing isnt working as well as it should

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    The gym at the leisure centre my daughter works at this evening was rammed, busiest i have seen it
    People are still going to the gym? I can understand people going to a pub, because you can convince yourself that if you act appropriately you probably stand a good chance of getting away with it. But a gym? Exertion, heaving breathing, sweating, benches, weights, machines, lockers, showers, towels etc. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    People are still going to the gym? I can understand people going to a pub, because you can convince yourself that if you act appropriately you probably stand a good chance of getting away with it. But a gym? Exertion, heaving breathing, sweating, benches, weights, machines, lockers, showers, towels etc. WTF?
    Dirty sweaty towels efficiently moving the virus from one surface to the next until they're all covered, and everyone wiping their face with the same towel.

You'd be insane to go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Dirty sweaty towels efficiently moving the virus from one surface to the next until they're all covered, and everyone wiping their face with the same towel.

You'd be insane to go.
    We don't wipe our face with the same towel, but you are right. I stopped going to the gym 3 weeks ago and before that I'd reduced to one a week.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    We don't wipe our face with the same towel, but you are right. I stopped going to the gym 3 weeks ago and before that I'd reduced to one a week.
    Probably true but it's next to impossible not to touch your face when it's sweaty, and your hands are all over that moist and warm towel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Probably true but it's next to impossible not to touch your face when it's sweaty, and your hands are all over that moist and warm towel.
    Yeah, it's not a healthy place to be, the gym. Definitely got more colds after I joined so that is why I stopped going when this started getting shit.