+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So who is the answer to this energised Labour party under a charismatic leader as it seems to me that the left are highly principled whcih doesn't sit with charisma and energy , forward looking, new principles is not looking back at resurrecting old social attitudes ,its about being bold a new a setting an agenda that challenges the norm putting pressure on a Tory government that is ploughing the same furrow without being challenged ,like it or not to get elected as a government your words are critical " energised Labour party under a charismatic leader, I would add new thoughts , direction, acceptance that some parts of the NHS can no longer be fully be funded from the pubic purse ,stop using it as a political football , be strong on the benefits systems so it rewards workers and avoids them choice of doing nothing , put up taxes to fund social care ,front up defense on moral grounds, agree too many immigrants find it easy to land on our shares not to seek benefits but earn our generous minimum wage ,and fix it .
    Possibly Dan Jarvis. If not him maybe Clive Lewis. I wouldn't rule out Keir Starmer although he is more solid than charismatic. Some of your comments above are fair enough but not in regard to immigrants. We are already hearing of sectors worried that there will be a shortage of labour because of Brexit.

Re: The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Possibly Dan Jarvis. If not him maybe Clive Lewis. I wouldn't rule out Keir Starmer although he is more solid than charismatic. Some of your comments above are fair enough but not in regard to immigrants. We are already hearing of sectors worried that there will be a shortage of labour because of Brexit.
    I'm not saying no immigration , I am purely pointing out what Labour voters generally think and see , hence their steer towards UKIP, the mood music form the current Labour administration does not appear to be about any control ,regulation, quotas,or even forward discussion , as it crosses those highly held principles , that were fine 20 years ago , not any longer, you only have to see the impact in the poorest northern towns or run down coastal areas ,the big cities are in need of this labour , and its absorbed and hidden .

I think regional quotas may be the answer as places like London would grind to a halt with our migration labour