+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sala fee dispute - FIFA to rule on Wednesday

Sala fee dispute - FIFA to rule on Wednesday

Re: Sala fee dispute - FIFA to rule on Wednesday

Hope to God this is settled soon, though I'm sure it won't be to everyone's satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    Hope to God this is settled soon, though I'm sure it won't be to everyone's satisfaction.
    Why can I see drawn out legal disputes, whatever FIFA decides?

Another shitstorm of judgement about how our club should be run from ignorant fans of other clubs incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. One thing is for sure. The end is not Wednesday.

French club and welsh club in dispute - I'd be very very surprised if Fifa rule in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    French club and welsh club in dispute - I'd be very very surprised if Fifa rule in our favour.
    I can't see how they could even if we were Qatari, he was our player, officially unveiled and flying over to train. Stuff about him not being registered for the PL isn't Nantes' problem.

Massively unfortunate and difficult situation for all concerned for many different reasons. It's a shame the clubs couldn't just agree something between themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I can't see how they could even if we were Qatari, he was our player, officially unveiled and flying over to train. Stuff about him not being registered for the PL isn't Nantes' problem.

Massively unfortunate and difficult situation for all concerned for many different reasons. It's a shame the clubs couldn't just agree something between themselves.
    That probably wouldn't be in either parties' best interests. There are bound to be legal complexities involved where lawyers are the only ones along with FIFA that can properly sort it out.

If they do find against us whatever the amount due that is decided on (upwards of £15m ?) will probably come out of this year's budget so may impact upon any January transfer dealings, unless it has already been taken into account in NW's allocated funds for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It is if the terms of the contract were not met.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It is if the terms of the contract were not met.
    You're right it could be argued that if the player couldn't be registered to play in the PL, then the contract is null and void and the player reverts to Nantes.

Wasn't there something a few years back that the deal was done, but the registration was not faxed through in time and therefore the deal was void and the player stayed where he was?

I still think FIFA will shaft us on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If they do find against us whatever the amount due that is decided on (upwards of £15m ?) will probably come out of this year's budget so may impact upon any January transfer dealings, unless it has already been taken into account in NW's allocated funds for this season.
    I think this was reflected in the summer’s transfer dealings.

This will drag on until the 15 million is so devalued, it wouldn't buy a Thomas Cook flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    You're right it could be argued that if the player couldn't be registered to play in the PL, then the contract is null and void and the player reverts to Nantes.

Wasn't there something a few years back that the deal was done, but the registration was not faxed through in time and therefore the deal was void and the player stayed where he was?

I still think FIFA will shaft us on this.
    Or it could be that they genuinely believe we are liable for the full amount. I don't see we have much to argue that we aren't when we are basing this on what appears to be a mistake made by the club and, more importantly, this suggests City expect the ruling to go against us - we can still appeal to the Court of Arbitration of Sport if it does though.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...r-fee-row.html

My thoughts are that as the FA have said that the contract was illegal then we are not covered by insurance so can"t claim.
    FIFA will find in Nantes favour & we will have to pay them with FIFA stating that the problem is between us & our insurers/FA.
    Our insurers will say he wasn"t our player as the FA have stated the contract was illegal so we can"t claim & we will be left £15 million out of pocket.
    If we could have claimed then surely we would have done that by now & paid the fee to Nantes ?

Any news of the decision?

Nothing on the official site yet:

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/offi...committee.html

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Or it could be that they genuinely believe we are liable for the full amount. I don't see we have much to argue that we aren't when we are basing this on what appears to be a mistake made by the club and, more importantly, this suggests City expect the ruling to go against us - we can still appeal to the Court of Arbitration of Sport if it does though.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...r-fee-row.html
    Paul there are two points here the one as you stated it was our mistake that he was nor registered with the PL a contract is only valid if all conditions are met. And the second point is this. Nantes did not want us to complete the contract until they found a replacement so that would be their fault

Probably hanging on to see if any envelopes are forthcoming. Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Exactly, who gives a toss what probably the most corrupt body of people in the world think? Who paid them the biggest back hander will prob get off.....still joking aside, surely it’s in black and white on paper, was he still there’s or had he become ours....

Surely if he wasn't our player because the contract was illegal then there is no liability, regardless of insurance?

The right thing to do would surely for both clubs to bear half the outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Surely if he wasn't our player because the contract was illegal then there is no liability, regardless of insurance?

If he wasn’t our player then we shouldn’t pay a penny.
    If he was then we pay the lot.
    Don’t think there’s any in-betweens with this one otherwise I imagine it would’ve happened by now.

What a sad state of affairs over a players life .

If we come out of this favorably I hope :

Tan does something special for the family or the village the lad came form to provide a nice club legacy ,perhaps build a sports facility in memory of the lad

Sue the pants off the agent, or anyone who is liable for his death

This is about life cut short , the money in football and players pockets is obscene.

Re: Sala fee dispute - FIFA to rule on Wednesda

If the transfer from Nantes to Cardiff was completed and the terms met then Cardiff should pay the full fee.

If it wasn’t completed and Nantes had introduced last minute clauses that were not agreed (as has need suggested) then Emiliano Sala was still their player when the tragedy occurred and Cardiff shouldn’t pay anything.

If the plane had landed safely I expect all outstanding contract and transfer issues would have been resolved in days. But it didn’t.

The fact of Sala signing a contract in front of cameras is irrelevant if the terms of transfer between the clubs was still unresolved. It is also a total irrelevance whether or not Sala was registered with the EPL. All that matters is whether he was a Cardiff or Nantes player when the plane crashed.

Everyone has an opinion but very few people know the facts.

It feels disrespectful and dirty but when the lawyers and insurers have to be involved this ugly stand off became inevitable. I just hope the club do the best they can for Emiliano Sala’s family and home town club.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

I'm presuming FIFA's ruling as to the ownership of the player [sorry, I know that sounds crass] at the time of the accident is crucial to any insurance claim. Nantes will have insured him, and I'm certain City would have put insurance in place to come into effect when he became a City player. The rights and wrongs of Sala's doomed flight are not going to affect any insurance claim - neither Nantes nor City were negligent.