+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ninian stand level 5

Ninian stand level 5

My grand daughter just turned up with four tickets for game on Sunday marked school rewards what price would these tickets be normally

Re: Ninian stand level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    My grand daughter just turned up with four tickets for game on Sunday marked school rewards what price would these tickets be normally
    Adult was £33

What school was that? I got 6 but for the family stand.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What school was that? I got 6 but for the family stand.
    Ysgol y castell in Caerphilly

I'm all for giving free tickets to school kids - how many have the club given - 10 we know of?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I'm all for giving free tickets to school kids - how many have the club given - 10 we know of?
    It's the way forwardget them hooked early get the bug it never goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    My grand daughter tells me there were twenty tickets

Have to admit l haven’t been down the City for a long time do they still have the same chants,love those songs ?His name is Jimmy Scoular,Bring on Sunderland and Arsenal ,Knees up Brian Clark,Aye aye aye aye Davies is better than Yasmin ,come on without come on within ,Donald Murray centre half but Toshack is our King shit getting excited know who we playing again?

Have to admit l haven’t been down the City for a long time do they still have the same chants,love those songs ?His name is Jimmy Scoular,Bring on Sunderland and Arsenal ,Knees up Brian Clark,Aye aye aye aye Davies is better than Yasmin ,come on without come on within ,Donald Murray centre half but Toshack is our King shit getting excited know who we playing again?

Lev Yashin would have been fuming had he’d still been alive, Yasmin indeed!!!!

got so excited thinking of the old days on the Grange

My grand daughter tells me there were twenty tickets
    Ysgols in Cufilthy 😀 Surprised by that.

They must have given quite a few schools a batch of 20, my kids school is very multi cultural but they, other parents haven’t got a clue about Cardiff city. Hardly anyone went to get them from the school office after the email went out to all parents, I got the first two at lunch, the wife got 4 more after school and no one else went for them until we told a few. It’s a good idea though.

got so excited thinking of the old days on the Grange
    👍😂😂😂 They were great days, younger fans, which is their loss unfortunately, have no clue what Ninian Park was really like. Those late 60s/early 70s days on the old Grangetown End were something else. Bouncing up & down on those wooden sleepers, seems like it was in another lifetime now. The newer ‘concrete’ Grange End was a pale imitation really, I hope I don’t seem like an old fogey looking back with rose tinted glasses but if you were there you’d know, believe me you’d know.

Ysgol y castell in Caerphilly
    That’s brilliant.

Caerphilly is a football town with loads of City fans and a huge amount of youngsters starting to take an interest.

Our bus used to have just my lad and his mate as under 18s on away games, now 2 thirds of the bus are teenagers.

They don’t half make a noise too 👍

I’m so pleased we are having a big crowd tomorrow and we’ll done to the club for doing stuff like this.

Sometimes people live in a bubble and need a nudge to get engaged

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    It's the way forwardget them hooked early get the bug it never goes away.
    I agree with that completely. Lessens the risk of them being Man Utd fans in the future. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    �������� They were great days, younger fans, which is their loss unfortunately, have no clue what Ninian Park was really like. Those late 60s/early 70s days on the old Grangetown End were something else. Bouncing up & down on those wooden sleepers, seems like it was in another lifetime now. The newer ‘concrete’ Grange End was a pale imitation really, I hope I don’t seem like an old fogey looking back with rose tinted glasses but if you were there you’d know, believe me you’d know.

👍😂😂😂 They were great days, younger fans, which is their loss unfortunately, have no clue what Ninian Park was really like. Those late 60s/early 70s days on the old Grangetown End were something else. Bouncing up & down on those wooden sleepers, seems like it was in another lifetime now. The newer ‘concrete’ Grange End was a pale imitation really, I hope I don’t seem like an old fogey looking back with rose tinted glasses but if you were there you’d know, believe me you’d know.
    start half way up the Grange end, city score and surprise surprise you find yourself down the front. Free ride mind you as feet never touched the ground.

I don't understand all this nostalgia for Ninian Park. The place was a dump unfit for human habitation. And this is from a person who has been supporting the side since 1958 with more than 20 years as a season ticket holder. I am afraid that many are looking through rose tinted glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I don't understand all this nostalgia for Ninian Park. The place was a dump unfit for human habitation. And this is from a person who has been supporting the side since 1958 with more than 20 years as a season ticket holder. I am afraid that many are looking through rose tinted glasses.
    I'd say its because Ninian Park had its own personality, whereas the CCS has very little. In fact, football stadiums built since the 90s are basically the same.

A big positive the CCS has over Ninian Park though is that we don't have to stand in piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    start half way up the Grange end, city score and surprise surprise you find yourself down the front. Free ride mind you as feet never touched the ground.
    Or you'd start close to the fence separating the Bob Bank, and find yourself somewhere near the exit once a cracking goal hand been scored at the Grange End

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Yep - went on that ride in the Real Madrid game...

It was the noise that was able to be generated from the timber and the cladding at the bback of the stands that I remember most.

The sheer amount of crap under that grandstand was frightening though, especially in the light of what happened at Bradford...

Not sure if all tickets have now been put up for sale, it looked like it a few days ago, but there’s less than 300 left now online

�������� They were great days, younger fans, which is their loss unfortunately, have no clue what Ninian Park was really like. Those late 60s/early 70s days on the old Grangetown End were something else. Bouncing up & down on those wooden sleepers, seems like it was in another lifetime now. The newer ‘concrete’ Grange End was a pale imitation really, I hope I don’t seem like an old fogey looking back with rose tinted glasses but if you were there you’d know, believe me you’d know.
    The old Grange was big too. I think NP had a capacity of over 50,000 in the late 70s. I can remember the away fans being in the enclosures under the grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I’m with you on Ninian Park ‘eventually’ being a dump & we did need to move but we’re on about 30+ years ago here. It was of its time, every ground was more or less the same at the time, it was all we knew. So, no, us lot looking back to our 60s/early 70s days aren’t looking through rose tinted glasses, we looking back at the reality of football at that time. The ones who look back on the 90s/early 2000s at Ninian Park with fondness, now that’s another matter. Us lot, you included, who look back in the Jones, Swindin, Scoular days at the ground have every right to be nostalgic 👍

I’m with you on Ninian Park ‘eventually’ being a dump & we did need to move but we’re on about 30+ years ago here. It was of its time, every ground was more or less the same at the time, it was all we knew. So, no, us lot looking back to our 60s/early 70s days aren’t looking through rose tinted glasses, we looking back at the reality of football at that time. The ones who look back on the 90s/early 2000s at Ninian Park with fondness, now that’s another matter. Us lot, you included, who look back in the Jones, Swindin, Scoular days at the ground have every right to be nostalgic 👍
    100% agree