Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
What jobs have gone? Are they lying about current employment figures? I don’t know anyone in the dole anymore apart a few lazy twats who plead mental illness after taking too many drugs for 25 yrs.....
Some of you on here are living in a fool's paradise. It could be something to do with our drug culture. Even our top politicians have now been exposed as cokeheads.

I've just had a look at the official figures and even they show that no one works in 1 in 6 households in the UK. Nearly 25% of the working age population is economically inactive. That figure includes many students who are pushed into useless courses by a Government to disguise the fact that there are no jobs for them. A third of the economically active are in part-time jobs. In reality they are more or less unemployed. Many of those in full-time employment will be on zero hours contracts and on a minimum wage. Many of the jobs have been de-skilled. The work will be repetitive soul-destroying call center type jobs.

Someone in The Times last week - I think it was the guy in charge of Tata - said the Uk had given up on manufacturing. He pointed out that one of our biggest exports is now scrap metal. The whole country has been asset stripped. I haven't met anyone who makes anything for many years.