+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zahore Vs Gestede

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CVs Gestede

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    True - it is not a given that he possesses those qualities and he may never acquire them. However the rate of change is startling from someone who could not do anything right just a few weeks ago to the person who made the run into the box off Hoilett for his first, and had the self-belief to hit that exquisite lob first-time for his second.

My instinct is that he's got everything he needs to be one of the best strikers I've ever seen play for Cardiff, however I don't think we'll ever see it as I think he'll be gone in the Summer to a Premier League side to fund our push for promotion next year. While he's here though I'm going to really enjoy the rest of this season!

You are right as well, it is good to be talking about an exciting upturn in the fortunes of Cardiff City and its players for a change!
    High praise indeed! I hope you're right on all counts, apart from him leaving us, even if it is for a fortune, we need players who have grown into the club, and with Zohore and Harris, it seems like we have that. Absolutely, let's enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    High praise indeed! I hope you're right on all counts, apart from him leaving us, even if it is for a fortune, we need players who have grown into the club, and with Zohore and Harris, it seems like we have that. Absolutely, let's enjoy it!
    Chances are I'll be proven to be completely wrong and Jimmy won't be slow in letting me know!

However, right now I'm as happy as I have been with the club and the team since we got to the League Cup Final. It's amazing what seeing the team play with some pride does to you. In my case it's made me overly optimistic but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts as I like the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Chances are I'll be proven to be completely wrong and Jimmy won't be slow in letting me know!

However, right now I'm as happy as I have been with the club and the team since we got to the League Cup Final. It's amazing what seeing the team play with some pride does to you. In my case it's made me overly optimistic but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts as I like the feeling
    It has been great seeing Zohore develop. I didnt see the initial green shoots but I am firmly in the Zohore for England camp (I know,I know, he is Danish) Better all round player than Earnie , but needs to take a few more of the chances he is creating to be as good a goal scorer.
    If he continues to develop he will go for a right few quid, better than Gestede ? yep definitely. Good as Bothroyd? Could be better as he works harder and is stronger. Can he become an out and out goal scorer, yeah I think he can , the way he is going the sky is the limit.

My work here is over. Who is to be my next protege?