+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WHO warns of 'second peak' in areas where COVID-19 declining

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WHO warns of 'second peak' in areas where COVID-19 declining

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    None of them mentioned the 1918 flu? The really really famous one?

It's interesting that you've stopped the "this is nothing, no one has died of covid" line, and moved on to this denial. As much as we all wish it wasn't happening, it is.
    102 years ago though, Christ they didn’t even have paracetamol back then. We keep hearing it’s nothing like flu anyway, pandemic flu would apparently be far worse.
    It’s a shame we can’t rely on any info out of China as they are a few months ahead of Europe, they would happily lose 5 million people and deny it ever happened, and the WHO sound like a shambles for praising the way they handled the outbreak initially.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    102 years ago though, Christ they didn’t even have paracetamol back then. We keep hearing it’s nothing like flu anyway, pandemic flu would apparently be far worse.
    It’s a shame we can’t rely on any info out of China as they are a few months ahead of Europe, they would happily lose 5 million people and deny it ever happened, and the WHO sound like a shambles for praising the way they handled the outbreak initially.
    It's a virus like flu but the symptoms aren't like flu.

We can rely on the info coming out of Korea and Germany who have both seen increased R numbers since relaxing lockdowns. This is expected even for us, it just needs to be carefully managed so it doesn't get too high.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's a virus like flu but the symptoms aren't like flu.

We can rely on the info coming out of Korea and Germany who have both seen increased R numbers since relaxing lockdowns. This is expected even for us, it just needs to be carefully managed so it doesn't get too high.
    What was the R rate in Germany when they eased lockdown?

Yes of course, you're right. It was in the long distant past. We won't get any global pandemics again, will we?!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes of course, you're right. It was in the long distant past. We won't get any global pandemics again, will we?!
    We are better placed to cope though aren’t we, how did one doctor in say China contact one in the uk in 1918? Pigeon post? I rest my case

Banned

We are better placed to cope though aren’t we, how did one doctor in say China contact one in the uk in 1918? Pigeon post? I rest my case
    What case?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What case?
    My shiny leather case I take to work everyday of course

Yes we are better placed to cope compared to 1918.

Are we better placed to cope in November 2020 than March 2020? Well, we'll probably see.

It's happened this year already, so saying we are much more advanced than 1918 maybe a strong case in your eyes but it's not for me. I just don't know what has supposed to have changed to mean there will be no second wave, as a couple of posters on this thread seem to convinced will be the case.

But then, one of them thinks that covid doesn't kill and the other thinks children are immune