+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Moyes charged over that slap comment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: David Moyes charged over that slap comment

It was the only right outcome. You can't got around saying things like that to anyone, especially when you're being filmed by national media, regardless of gender.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    It was the only right outcome. You can't got around saying things like that to anyone, especially when you're being filmed by national media, regardless of gender.
    Are you joking?.

I mean, people would be being fired all day every day if this we started disciplining employees over harmless jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Are you joking?.

I mean, people would be being fired all day every day if this we started disciplining employees over harmless jokes.
    I'm not sure what line of work you are in, but if I was giving a formal presentation and threatened to slap someone for asking a difficult question I'm quite sure I'd need to explain myself to my boss shortly afterwards.

I'm not sure what line of work you are in, but if I was giving a formal presentation and threatened to slap someone for asking a difficult question I'm quite sure I'd need to explain myself to my boss shortly afterwards.
    Only post match interviews in football are not formal, at all. Moyes is not making a formal presentation to customers or shareholders, he is doing an off the cuff interview.

And often interviewer make jokes.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 26-04-17 at 11:05.

He apologised. That was sufficient methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Only post match interviews in football are not formal, at all. Moyes is not making a formal presentation to customers or shareholders, he is doing an off the cuff interview.

And often interviewer make jokes.
    He was also representing his employer and profession in front of the national & world media.

He was also representing his employer and profession in front of the national & world media.
    Lets be honest morals and football went out the window many moons ago.

Managers treat officials like dirt to no outcry or punishment.

Professionals in name only.

It was a joke. A pretty bad one but still.