+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Notre Dame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's just a building , that's why

Nearly 100 people died in the tower block , some jumping to their deaths

Not going to waste any more time argueing about a bloody church catching fire

People are more important than buildings
    It's not a matter of one thing versus another though, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's not a matter of one thing versus another though, is it?
    Maybe not, but it is an interesting comparison nevertheless.

Even one day on it looks as if the government and donor response to the (state owned) Notre Dame fire has been much greater than to Grenfell Tower where 72 innocent people died in horrific circumstances.

Heritage valued more than lives?

It is very sad to see the destruction in Paris, and I hope the building can be restored. But there is always a choice about how resources are used and what is a priority. Grenfell survivors would have had a much easier life in the last 22 months if they had been given 400m euros by billionaire well-wishers, and I bet the French government will be quicker and more effective than Theresa May's useless administration has been.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe not, but it is an interesting comparison nevertheless.

Even one day on it looks as if the government and donor response to the (state owned) Notre Dame fire has been much greater than to Grenfell Tower where 72 innocent people died in horrific circumstances.

Heritage valued more than lives?

It is very sad to see the destruction in Paris, and I hope the building can be restored. But there is always a choice about how resources are used and what is a priority. Grenfell survivors would have had a much easier life in the last 22 months if they had been given 400m euros by billionaire well-wishers, and I bet the French government will be quicker and more effective than Theresa May's useless administration has been.
    Spot on Jon. Paris is a city not without it's own social issues, issues that a fraction of this money could go some way to solving.