Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
Thanks for that. I only wish you posted it earlier as a response instead of agreeing with a one-line hit and run snipe.

I created this thread here rather than the main one as Moggis created this just for that as he was fed up of them cluttering a board he wanted football based. I have no problem questioning political opinion or social issues posted on the football forum but wouldn't create an overtly political/social one there out of respect for his wishes.

The provide links remarks were made to reinforce the point that 20k Chinese do indeed croak every day and that nobody who was not of east Asian heritage had died. Those who propagate the worldwide pandemic, millions will die scare stories are having a difficult time maintaining that theory in the face of no non Asian dead. At first that was because the virus had an unusually long incubation period of up to 14 days, they said. That's long since past.

I stated this coronavirus is a new mild flu strain and that typical flu has killed vastly more than the current 1k global total for this one. You didn't counter that point, likely because you were unable to support doing so with established facts.

The coronavirus, apparently, attacks what's called ACE-2 lung receptors. They are most prevalent in east Asian males and especially Chinese males. It explains why - once again - nil non Asians have died as Caucasians, etc, have far fewer so can easily survive infection.

It's also true the Chinese government has hyped the threat to its own citizens to an absurd degree while also playing down the threat to the rest of the world by complaining about airlines stopping flights to and from there.

I will agree with your remarks about doing harm to the Chinese economy at the worst time of the year. But revenue loss isn't a problem as China has its own printing press and can create any amount of new currency to support itself and inject into equity markets and anything else it cares to prop up.

Incidentally, the relatively massive protests in Wuhan last summer centered on an incinerator. Coincidentally or not, they come in handy for disposing corpses.

Wuhan protests: Incinerator plan sparks mass unrest - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-china-blog-48904350
To be honest, I thought my points about it being a stupid suggestion were so obvious they didn't need to be spelled out.

As for the Chinese economy being ok as they can just print more money - see above. Don't make me do another one...