+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 25-26k

Re: 25-26k

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Fine, I answered him.

Why are people queueing for two hours and spending forever on the phone? Anyone who wants a ticket will get one. With a good number left over.
    Probably because they want to find seats for family/friends close to where their season tickets are. A lot of the experience is being sat with people you always watch the game with. Lots more to supporting a team for many people than just being in the ground somewhere.

Anyhow, looking at the e-ticketing system it appears the ground will look full even if there are a few gaps here and there - which will help the atmosphere. I can also see the tickets being made generally available middle of next week if we haven't sold everything.

I think the club would do well to update its online sales policy to say tickets will go on general sale from Wednesday if they are not expecting to sell out. Attracting a few of the less committed fans would be a good thing to do - even if only one or two choose to come back to future matches. Half the problem with attracting people is to get them to come to the first match so they can see the experience is actually civilised now compared to the myths still doing the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Probably because they want to find seats for family/friends close to where their season tickets are. A lot of the experience is being sat with people you always watch the game with. Lots more to supporting a team for many people than just being in the ground somewhere.

Anyhow, looking at the e-ticketing system it appears the ground will look full even if there are a few gaps here and there - which will help the atmosphere. I can also see the tickets being made generally available middle of next week if we haven't sold everything.

I think the club would do well to update its online sales policy to say tickets will go on general sale from Wednesday if they are not expecting to sell out. Attracting a few of the less committed fans would be a good thing to do - even if only one or two choose to come back to future matches. Half the problem with attracting people is to get them to come to the first match so they can see the experience is actually civilised now compared to the myths still doing the rounds.
    That's an excellent point. I think many there are other sites that promote the shite that went on years ago.

I only get to one or two games a season, the change in supporters attitudes is massive. I wish the media would make this clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Don't underestimate the glory hunters
    Glory hunters or people enjoying the occasion?

Am I a glory tuner for only watching the odd boxing or ufc fight on a big occasion?

Nobody says to me "you only come for the big fights"
    Is it a surprise that neutral fans or even "south Wales plastics" will take an interest?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Glory hunters or people enjoying the occasion?

Am I a glory tuner for only watching the odd boxing or ufc fight on a big occasion?

Nobody says to me "you only come for the big fights"
    Is it a surprise that neutral fans or even "south Wales plastics" will take an interest?
    The aim should always be to try and convert some of the workplace type 'plastics' with their Sky subscriptions and peculiar delusion of using the terms 'us' and 'them' re: Liverpool / Man Yoo etc into actually getting behind their LOCAL club and watching football live.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    The aim should always be to try and convert some of the workplace type 'plastics' with their Sky subscriptions and peculiar delusion of using the terms 'us' and 'them' re: Liverpool / Man Yoo etc into actually getting behind their LOCAL club and watching football live.
    Agreed.

But why bother if all it gets them is abuse

The club are still saying they're expecting 25-26k
    16k home tickets with so many buying up another ticket included.
    If the game wasn't on TV they'd have a lot more.
    The guy I know said there's no way we will shift 12k tickets this week.
    25-26k is a good gate for the FA Cup
    Please enlighten us and tell who at the club is expecting a crowd of 25-26000. Whenever I have enquired in the past they have been very non commital or refused to say anything. We have around 12000 season ticket holders, so the 16000 appears very inaccurate if most season ticket holders have taken up the two ticket offer. Other posters have already said that 18-19000 had gone last Thursday, when only season ticket holders were able to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Please enlighten us and tell who at the club is expecting a crowd of 25-26000. Whenever I have enquired in the past they have been very non commital or refused to say anything. We have around 12000 season ticket holders, so the 16000 appears very inaccurate if most season ticket holders have taken up the two ticket offer. Other posters have already said that 18-19000 had gone last Thursday, when only season ticket holders were able to buy.
    "The guy I know"

Read the post...

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I think the club must be getting concerned about numbers because I got an email to tell me that as a FlexiTicket holder I am entitled to a ticket. I haven't attempted to get a ticket as I am no longer an ST holder.
    Flexi ticket holders have been entitled to a ticket right from the start. I saw it publicised last week.

"The guy I know"

Read the post...
    I did read the post. I would like to know who he is and what he does at the club to make my mind up whether your post us heresay or not.

I did read the post. I would like to know who he is and what he does at the club to make my mind up whether your post us heresay or not.
    Take it either way. Jeez, what a fuss. I posted that anyone who wants a ticket will get one. Calm down.

Take a look at my post last Thursday.

We may not sell out, we will get 30k though.
    4500 Aston villa supporters and we got 24 k opening league game.
    To suggest we will only get 2 k more for the premiership leaders is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    We’re playing arguably the best team in the world at the moment.
    That’s piss poor.
    This is your conclusion one week before the match even kicks off ?. Next Sunday at 4.00pm is the time to make a judgement. Over 30000 is the minimum that I am expecting, bearing in mind all the available information.

Take it either way. Jeez, what a fuss. I posted that anyone who wants a ticket will get one. Calm down.

Take a look at my post last Thursday.
    Yes but you may be giving people who really want to go a false sense of security. Seeing as how you are not able to corroborate your sources, my judgement is that the information is incorrect or made up by the person you spoke to. Anyone who wants a ticket needs to get one organised sooner rather than later.

"The guy I know"

Read the post...
    Sorry, I misread your post as being from the original contributor. He answered it anyway.

Yes but you may be giving people who really want to go a false sense of security. Seeing as how you are not able to corroborate your sources, my judgement is that the information is incorrect or made up by the person you spoke to. Anyone who wants a ticket needs to get one organised sooner rather than later.
    Corroborate my sources? Who do you think I am Carl Bernstein?

I posted on Thursday and gave the exact figures well before they were released. Personally I dont give a toss, just saying,

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    To be fair for most of that time the capacity of NP / CCS has been much lower.
    Don’t think it was lower in the late 70’s and early 80’s, 40k wasn’t it? When we plummeted in 1985 it was hardly surprise, lucky to get 15 never mind 30k

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Don’t think it was lower in the late 70’s and early 80’s, 40k wasn’t it? When we plummeted in 1985 it was hardly surprise, lucky to get 15 never mind 30k
    From what I remember, Everton in the Cup was the last time time we had 30k+

Capacity of Ninian Park was reduced in 1976 from 46000 to only 10000 due to safety concerns. It never went back up over 25000 again. Until four years ago our ground capacity has not therefore been over 30000. Not surprising really is it therefore that we havent had a gate over 30000 for a long time but it has nothing to do with lack of support or success. The ground was however effectively full for every game in the Premier League in 2013/2014, as home areas were sold out every game.

Shortly after the Everton game, safety at sports ground act came into play.
    New grange end built ,canton cut in half with corporate boxes which were never completed.
    Max capacity 20k

Capacity of Ninian Park was reduced in 1976 from 46000 to only 10000 due to safety concerns. It never went back up over 25000 again. Until four years ago our ground capacity has not therefore been over 30000. Not surprising really is it therefore that we havent had a gate over 30000 for a long time but it has nothing to do with lack of support or success. The ground was however effectively full for every game in the Premier League in 2013/2014, as home areas were sold out every game.
    Youre only out by a season - 1977 30k+ Everton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDIF6hwp0Q

probably one off AA friends as he is in the kn club and he told him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by nins27 View Post
    probably one off AA friends as he is in the kn club and he told him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    How original. Have you considered appearing at your local 'comedy club?'

No but do you think i would go down well like this make up im in the Kn club,i might try my friend cheers for the advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF? I thought this would would be a sell-out for sure.

We had 23000 for Villa. Haven't people been queueing around the block? And isn't Tan's folly open? And Man City bringing over 4000?

I'll be very surprised if we got less than 30000.

Read somewhere we haven’t had a 30k plus crowd since 1978 at our home ground, is that right? A big club we ain’t.
    Until a couple of years ago we couldn't get 30k in our ground.

We must have been close to 30k for the game v Derby County last season?