+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bournemouth v City - which pub if any will be showing this live?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bournemouth v City - which pub if any will be showing this live?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    "I used to watch all our away games in a local pub last time we were in the prem ?"

The pub was run by a City fan & I assume that he was streaming the games but he no longer owns the pub.
    Is it possible to use a VPN to access a foreign stream & if so what VPN would be advised & how do you do it as I am useless with a computer ?
    I just subscribed to Ssports, they're based in China. It works out to just under 8GBP to watch all Cardiff's games for the entire season. If I had gone for the full package (34GBP) I could have watched all Premier League games. You have a choice of commentary, in Chinese or English. I'm not sure of the payment methods available, my wife used her Wechat 'phone app to pay, so I can't help you there, sorry.

A big shout out to "Shute" for the heads-up on this. Shute, a poster on this message board, is also based in China i should add.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I just subscribed to Ssports, they're based in China. It works out to just under 8GBP to watch all Cardiff's games for the entire season. If I had gone for the full package (34GBP) I could have watched all Premier League games. You have a choice of commentary, in Chinese or English. I'm not sure of the payment methods available, my wife used her Wechat 'phone app to pay, so I can't help you there, sorry.

A big shout out to "Shute" for the heads-up on this. Shute, a poster on this message board, is also based in China i should add.
    Do you have a link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Do you have a link please?
    Certainly ...

http://www.ssports.com/

The site is in Chinese, unfortunately. However, I navigate it using a translator tool and copy&paste (though my Chinese wife did make the initial payment as I mentioned earlier and set up my ID & password).

As soon as you enter that website, you'll see the Bournemouth Vs City game on the homepage. One further thing I had to do was download a Chinese version of Flash Player - a further obstacle I realise but it's well worth giving it an attempt.

I think the 34GBP package covers ALL games in the Premier and EFL, as well as International games.

Certainly ...

The site is in Chinese, unfortunately. However, I navigate it using a translator tool and copy&paste (though my Chinese wife did make the initial payment as I mentioned earlier and set up my ID & password).

As soon as you enter that website, you'll see the Bournemouth Vs City game on the homepage. One further thing I had to do was download a Chinese version of Flash Player - a further obstacle I realise but it's well worth giving it an attempt.

I think the 34GBP package covers ALL games in the Premier and EFL, as well as International games.
    Blimey! I don’t know where to start

Yeah, I tried doing it. My head is ****ing bursting trying to register on that site.

SS Sports.jpg

I get this, but it doesn't accept British numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    SS Sports.jpg

I get this, but it doesn't accept British numbers?
    Yeah, you'd probably have to put in a Chinese number beginning with ++86 ... and that might require a mobile number to receive a confirmation text.

Sorry guys, I think it looks like a non-starter.

Welcome to my world!

I have these kind of headaches here nearly everyday!

Certainly ...

Is this using a VPN ?

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Is this using a VPN ?
    I didn't need a VPN because I'm in China. However, you might need to use a Hong Kong VPN