Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
He might have good reason to be aggrieved, I know I would be, but it does send out the right message to other cyclists.

This might teach these commuter types bombing along in Lycra on public pathways to slow down when they approach pedestrians and animals.

Just because there is a bicycle sign on the pavement or post (insufficient to both cyclists and pedestrians alike IMO) doesn't mean everyone has to make way for these imbeciles.

As has been said, pedestrians have right of way and the law would have to change.
She should not be given any compo here though IMO.
I do though think that anyone in charge of a cycle should be made aware of their duty which is not obvious to many, especially if they do not drive.
Make cycling a proficiency course compulsory?
Just because there is a bicycle sign on the pavement or post (insufficient to both cyclists and pedestrians alike IMO) doesn't mean everyone has to make way for these imbeciles.

Yes, they do that's like saying you can walk down the middle of the road, you can but you should expect a motorist or cyclist to scream get out of the way at you!