Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
Thank you for that, and I certainly hope I am wrong. Of course we all have different opinions and read things differently but we all have the interests of the club at heart I hope and, as you demonstrate, we can disagree without being disagreeable.

Recent results have been a slight improvement, but I still think that's been at the expense of a general togetherness which might have turned the corner. As I said though, that doesn't matter now because done is done and we certainly mustn't undermine the current manager with hypotheticals about past decisions.

Really, that's all I was saying - that were not looking like a team which will challenge or promotion , and that I think it's realistic for us to aspire to that given recent history , money spent on players , parachute incomes and support levels.

I was just studying the table and in practical terms it's almost impossible now for us to be challenging this year because it would rely on several teams having a complete meltdown together with us winning lots and lots of games against good opponents.

Never mind, as you say we can in the mean time enjoy the more attractive style of football, but we can't and mustn't just cruise along, but formulate an efficient and reliable "usp" which can be expected to achieve the target next season. This may well be the current project coming good, but we can't afford to wait years to find out.

I'd say the acid test would be whether there's some consistency and improved direction towards the end of this season, and if that's not happening then maybe it needs to be re assessed.

I don't post here much because I get frustrated by moronic name calling if someone takes a different view, and the loud mouths get to shout everyone else down, so I appreciate your civil reply.
Sorry, but this is priceless. I've lost count of the number of posters you've been condescending towards, accused of not having your intellect etc. Everytime you post nonsense, you need to be pulled up on it. Such has been your style in the past.