+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Brexit poll reveals all of England and Wales now favour no deal - except London

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4108916.html
    So put it to the ****ing vote. Surely you Brexiteers now have nothing to fear.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    So put it to the ****ing vote. Surely you Brexiteers now have nothing to fear.
    Brexiteers don't need to put it to another vote. They won, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Brexiteers don't need to put it to another vote. They won, remember?
    Yes, but won what? A leave with or without a deal or does it not really matter as long as we leave?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Yes, but won what? A leave with or without a deal or does it not really matter as long as we leave?
    I asked this question in a post that Mike Morris saw fit to delete.

International

On an earlier note This from a BBC post would tend to add some weight to Wales Bales' comment about the German Economy (God forgive me )

"With the deadline for a Brexit decision looming next week on 12 April, Ms Kramp-Karrenbauer believes the risk of the UK leaving without a deal have "risen dramatically". This is something German business find no laughing matter.

A recent poll suggested 100,000 German jobs could be affected by a no-deal Brexit.

The BDI Federation of German Industry warned Germany would lose at least 0.5% of its GDP - and this at a time when the German economy is already heading south.

That, I think, is why there is a sudden, noticeable softening in tone when EU leaders speak about Brexit."

Ms Kramp-Kerrenbaur is the leader-in-waiting to take over from Merkel, so we should give her the benefit of some insight to the problem. The loss of GPD to an economy already faltering in an organisation with acknowledged financial and funding problems (recession, Italy and Greek debt problems etc) would have no small affect on the overall economic outlook.

On an earlier note This from a BBC post would tend to add some weight to Wales Bales' comment about the German Economy (God forgive me )

"With the deadline for a Brexit decision looming next week on 12 April, Ms Kramp-Karrenbauer believes the risk of the UK leaving without a deal have "risen dramatically". This is something German business find no laughing matter.

A recent poll suggested 100,000 German jobs could be affected by a no-deal Brexit.

The BDI Federation of German Industry warned Germany would lose at least 0.5% of its GDP - and this at a time when the German economy is already heading south.

That, I think, is why there is a sudden, noticeable softening in tone when EU leaders speak about Brexit."

Ms Kramp-Kerrenbaur is the leader-in-waiting to take over from Merkel, so we should give her the benefit of some insight to the problem. The loss of GPD to an economy already faltering in an organisation with acknowledged financial and funding problems (recession, Italy and Greek debt problems etc) would have no small affect on the overall economic outlook.
    You make it sound like only Germany are affected.

International

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    You make it sound like only Germany are affected.
    No, i don't make it sound like that. That is the opinion of the new German Chancellor in waiting. But obviously everyone will be affected. I believe one of the reasons France may want us to leave is because we are the biggest critics of the common agricultural policy which was originally conceived to protect french farmers. And as we have seen in the past any attempt to change it has the tractors out in force and the french government caves in and then vetos any change because they don't have the bottle to fight their farmers (Or anyone else history may suggest!)

A noticeable softening? France are looking increasingly like they can't wait for the UK to feck off.

They need us more than we need them.

Unfortunately May is the weak link, and she appears to be part of the EU negotiating team, not ours!

They need us more than we need them.

Unfortunately May is the weak link, and she appears to be part of the EU negotiating team, not ours!
    Will you STOP with this utter nonsense. How, logically, can that possible be the case?

Will you STOP with this utter nonsense. How, logically, can that possible be the case?
    Get some reading glasses ...

"A recent poll suggested 100,000 German jobs could be affected by a no-deal Brexit.

The BDI Federation of German Industry warned Germany would lose at least 0.5% of its GDP - and this at a time when the German economy is already heading south."

The EU will also have to deal with Trump, who is going to aggressively renegotiate their current trade deal.

Get some reading glasses ...

"A recent poll suggested 100,000 German jobs could be affected by a no-deal Brexit.

The BDI Federation of German Industry warned Germany would lose at least 0.5% of its GDP - and this at a time when the German economy is already heading south."

The EU also have to deal with Trump, who is going to aggressively renegotiate their current trade deal.
    Got reading glasses thanks.

Yes, Brexit is bad for the German economy. Not disputed.

How do they need us more than we need them though?

Please explain.

...Actually don't bother.

Please explain.
    We can make a trade deal with the US on the day we leave.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...rump-can-help/

Please explain.

...Actually don't bother.
    No, please bother.

First Team

Ok, I'll bite. Let's suppose the forecast of a loss of 100k German jobs due to Brexit is correct. Agree?

German exports to the UK constitute around 6.5% of all German exports. So a 0.5% loss in German GDP would result from a smallish reduction in German exports. So if you take UK exports to Germany, France, Holland, Ireland, Belgium, Spain and Italy and ignore the other UK to EU exports you have approximately 38% of UK exports. Using the same ratio, the loss of those exports would constitute in excess of a 3% loss in UK GDP and 600k jobs lost.

If the Germans are worried, the UK subjects should be petrified ...

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Let's suppose the forecast of a loss of 100k German jobs due to Brexit is correct. Agree?

German exports to the UK constitute around 6.5% of all German exports. So a 0.5% loss in German GDP would result from a smallish reduction in German exports. So if you take UK exports to Germany, France, Holland, Ireland, Belgium, Spain and Italy and ignore the other UK to EU exports you have approximately 38% of UK exports. Using the same ratio, the loss of those exports would constitute in excess of a 3% loss in UK GDP and 600k jobs lost.

Indeed. The maths are pretty simple on this one. And yet we keep hearing this "it's worse for them than us' line, presumably perpetuated by trash papers like the DM. When will these people wake up?

International

Indeed. The maths are pretty simple on this one. And yet we keep hearing this "it's worse for them than us' line, presumably perpetuated by trash papers like the DM. When will these people wake up?
    I never said it was worse for them than us.
    The only reason I posted the comment (By a senior German Politician) was because earlier in the thread when WB said a no deal would hurt the Germans he was ridiculed by people, and it was suggestyed that they would barely notice. The only real point is that it is an ITK German politician saying it, not some layman with a personal opinion.

International

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post

Az I'm not dis agreeing with you, but see my previous post regarding my reason for posting the comment. It was only in the spirit of fair debate.