+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think all this baloney proves is that Tory supporters will support their heroes no matter what. It's a little bit like when Donald Trump said he could murder someone and still get away with it with much of his fan base.

I think the same thing to a lesser degree is true here with Johnson and his cronies. I often wonder if he would lose support with his cheerleaders if he committed a murder. I suspect, to be fair, the vast majority would have nothing to do with him but I wouldn't mind betting there would be a sizeable chunk of his devotees who would still excuse him.

It seems to me that so much of the populace now have an intrinsic hatred of left wing politics they would find almost any excuse to support the Tories. Selfishness abounds.

In this case the poster makes a fair point in suggesting that having some refreshment in the open air after a business meeting is innocent enough, and of course in normal times it would be. But this was during a period when the Health Secretary appeared on television expressly telling the public to avoid such gatherings in the open air, despite the appeal of the lovely weather prevailing at the time.

We can all pontificate whether any law is a good or bad law but at the end of the day the law is the law and it is not to be treated as something to pick and choose adherence to. Lord knows, the Tories have for time immemorial chucked the importance of the law down our throats. When it suits their agenda of course.

For anyone of any political persuasion not to see this as a fundamental betrayal of the people by their elected government is absurd. And because trust is the bedrock of democracy, everyone should be clear just how heinous these series of photos really are.
    I don't subscribe to the view that all Tories are bad. I would suspect that most of the friends I have in the South East of England have differing political views to me. I have also worked for some Conservative Ministers who I found honourable and wanted to do the decent thing,

Those people are different to the majority of those in the current government. Johnson is amoral and self entitled and has shaped a cabinet and administration around him that in good part adopt those traits. Good people have been marginalised or were encouraged out as their face and ethics didn't fit. The behaviours demonstrated in the photo and other similar events should not be judged of Left or Right but Wrong and Right.

Re: The Two-faced, hypocritical Buffoon and his Party set for a Mauling at PMQ's Today..

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I don't subscribe to the view that all Tories are bad. I would suspect that most of the friends I have in the South East of England have differing political views to me. I have also worked for some Conservative Ministers who I found honourable and wanted to do the decent thing,

Those people are different to the majority of those in the current government. Johnson is amoral and self entitled and has shaped a cabinet and administration around him that in good part adopt those traits. Good people have been marginalised or were encouraged out as their face and ethics didn't fit. The behaviours demonstrated in the photo and other similar events should not be judged of Left or Right but Wrong and Right.
    Not before time . A sensible comment.

Well said Cyril. In the last five years, I’ve become much more politically engaged than I’d like to be. The reason for that is that in the USA first and now over here men who should never have got within a hundred miles of the White House or 10 Downing Street have taken their countries in awful directions. Yes, I’m a left winger and the two men concerned are to the right politically, but I never felt like this under the hated Thatcher or Reagan, Major, Cameron, May or Bush - Trump and Johnson are dangerous, narcissistic, incompetents who could end up opening the door for worse to come because they have caused changes in the political mainstream which are pretty frightening.

And, to lighten the mood a little;-

https://www.indy100.com/politics/dow...memes-b1979967

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well said Cyril. In the last five years, I’ve become much more politically engaged than I’d like to be. The reason for that is that in the USA first and now over here men who should never have got within a hundred miles of the White House or 10 Downing Street have taken their countries in awful directions. Yes, I’m a left winger and the two men concerned are to the right politically, but I never felt like this under the hated Thatcher or Reagan, Major, Cameron, May or Bush - Trump and Johnson are dangerous, narcissistic, incompetents who could end up opening the door for worse to come because they have caused changes in the political mainstream which are pretty frightening.

And, to lighten the mood a little;-

https://www.indy100.com/politics/dow...memes-b1979967
    'Hated' ? They were all democratically elected, as were Trump and Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'Hated' ? They were all democratically elected, as were Trump and Bush.
    My point was that I hated Thatcher (I didn’t hate any of the others I listed), but whatever she was, she wasn’t a wrong un like Johnson is.

I think they are on this board. it goes something like...If you're right you're wrong, and if you're left you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    [/B]

I think they are on this board. it goes something like...If you're right you're wrong, and if you're left you're right.
    DO THE HIPPY SHAKE SHAKE WITH ALL OF YOUR MIGHT OH BAYBEEEEEE