+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neighbourliness today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Neighbourliness today

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I have the opposite to this problem in my street. Several of my neighbours still leave themselves into each others houses without knocking.
    I'm amazed this still goes on. It was the most difficult thing to explain to an English wife.

Still going on when my Dad died in 2002 , amazed it still is today.

I hated it. People turn up expect tea and cake , yap for hours oblivious to the fact
    we had other things to do.

Re: Neighbourliness today

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I'm amazed this still goes on. It was the most difficult thing to explain to an English wife.

Still going on when my Dad died in 2002 , amazed it still is today.

I hated it. People turn up expect tea and cake , yap for hours oblivious to the fact
    we had other things to do.
    The neighbours who are in and out of each others houses every day are of fair age, and have lived in the street a very long time. My next door neighbour is 78 and she was born in the house so its only what she has always known. She does let herself into my house now and again, but not very often. She wont bother me like she would some of the older neighbours. I would nip it in the bud if she started doing it every day.

We get her birthday and Xmas presents and vice versa, ill give her lifts and pick her up some grocerys, she will pay the window cleaner for me.etc We have a good neighbourly relationship.