+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The one thing that's really upsetting about the brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Please tell me how you know how a certain age group voted in the referendum?
    A YouGov poll put 18-24 year olds as 75% Remain. 25-49 56% Remain. 50-64 44% Remain. 65+ 39% remain.

I don't know what the turnouts were across each group - we also know YouGov have been getting it wrong lately.

There are certainly more older voters than younger, because our country has an ageing population. That's why we need immigration - to pay for the pensions of the old, and the benefits of those unable to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    A YouGov poll put 18-24 year olds as 75% Remain. 25-49 56% Remain. 50-64 44% Remain. 65+ 39% remain.

I don't know what the turnouts were across each group - we also know YouGov have been getting it wrong lately.

There are certainly more older voters than younger, because our country has an ageing population. That's why we need immigration - to pay for the pensions of the old, and the benefits of those unable to work.
    Oh I see that's the YouGov polls was that the same polls that had Remain to win at 52% to 48% the day before the referendum?

As for paying for the pensions of the old, they've been very thoughtless retiring, I mean whose going to make up the shortfall of the lost Tax and NI contributions that the paid throughout their working lives?

Oh I see that's the YouGov polls was that the same polls that had Remain to win at 52% to 48% the day before the referendum?

As for paying for the pensions of the old, they've been very thoughtless retiring, I mean whose going to make up the shortfall of the lost Tax and NI contributions that the paid throughout their working lives?
    To be fair, even if they are 4% out as they were with the official one, then that still tells the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    To be fair, even if they are 4% out as they were with the official one, then that still tells the same story.
    Polls are useless the same thing happened at the last 2 elections,miles out

Polls are useless the same thing happened at the last 2 elections,miles out
    What happened to your 8% post?

If it makes you feel better, my 4% calculation is almost certainly wrong...

Talk about selective responding.

Firstly - I admitted that, although they were the figures from YouGov, Yougov were hardly reliable during the referendum nor the general election.

Secondly - I did NOT say that pensioners were thoughtless retiring. What I am saying is that the UK population is ageing and, with a shortage of young "indigenous" people to sustain the taxes to pay the pensions you have to look for immigration to fill the gap.

Banned

Those same pensioners whose taxes paid for the welfare state that the whining,foot stamping,dummy spitting remainiac ****s were raised in.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    Those same pensioners whose taxes paid for the welfare state that the whining,foot stamping,dummy spitting remainiac ****s were raised in.
    Again, I wasn't complaining about pensioners. I was making the point that the UK population is getting older and so the main way to sustain their well-earned pensions is through immigration. The other way to look after our pensioners needs is to raise NI contributions and/or taxes.

Banned

Again, I wasn't complaining about pensioners. I was making the point that the UK population is getting older and so the main way to sustain their well-earned pensions is through immigration. The other way to look after our pensioners needs is to raise NI contributions and/or taxes.

If only there were unemployed people in this country who could fill these jobs......

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    If only there were unemployed people in this country who could fill these jobs......
    There are more immigrants working here than there are unemployed people. Many are doing skilled jobs that would take the UK years to train people up for.

Banned

There are more immigrants working here than there are unemployed people. Many are doing skilled jobs that would take the UK years to train people up for.

Link?