+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clough hints Burton looking at Noone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Clough hints Burton looking at Noone

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Noone could do a lot better than Burton Albion. If he gets his form back he could play for many better Championship clubs. Noone has been mismanaged for some time due to the insistence of managers playing him on the right when he is so obviously left footed.
    I don't know if you have ever watched Noone play, but his favoured move is cutting inside. He doesn't have a right foot so playing on the left would be an even easier task for the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    I don't know if you have ever watched Noone play, but his favoured move is cutting inside. He doesn't have a right foot so playing on the left would be an even easier task for the opposition.
    Of course I have seen him play. When he first came he played on the left. When he plays on the right he has no option other than to cut in and that is why his moves have become so predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Of course I have seen him play. When he first came he played on the left. When he plays on the right he has no option other than to cut in and that is why his moves have become so predictable.

If Noone is played on the left he simply doesn't have the pace to go outside his man anymore, so then he cuts inside onto his weak right foot instead. At least by playing him on the right he ends up cutting in on his stronger foot.