+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Baker fired by the BBC and he's not happy about it.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Danny Baker fired by the BBC and he's not happy about it.

When I first saw what he posted yesterday I was sure he’d be sacked. He says he didn’t mean anything racist by it and just meant the royals were circus animals in suits. Seems a bit harsh if he’s being genuine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    When I first saw what he posted yesterday I was sure he’d be sacked. He says he didn’t mean anything racist by it and just meant the royals were circus animals in suits. Seems a bit harsh if he’s being genuine with that.
    He uses monkeys in suits as a gag quite regularly, so its hardly like he's only done it because Markle has black heritage, seems an honest mistake

The BBC sacking him so quickly gives the impression they've been waiting for an excuse for a while now, the ultimate irony of the BBC's hardline stance against racism is that Nigel Farage is on Question Time AGAIN tonight

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He uses monkeys in suits as a gag quite regularly, so its hardly like he's only done it because Markle has black heritage, seems an honest mistake

The BBC sacking him so quickly gives the impression they've been waiting for an excuse for a while now, the ultimate irony of the BBC's hardline stance against racism is that Nigel Farage is on Question Time AGAIN tonight
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ??
    I like Baker, I don't think it was his intention to be racist. Monkeys in suits is a fairly regular joke he makes on his Twitter feed about celebrities, it had nothing to do with Markle's ethnicity/heritage. He's done something stupid that I don't think he should have been sacked for, he later apologised and deleted the tweet.

I just think its ironic for the BBC to sack Baker for what they see as being racist but continue to provide Farage et al with a platform to spout their shite

I like Baker, I don't think it was his intention to be racist. Monkeys in suits is a fairly regular joke he makes on his Twitter feed about celebrities, it had nothing to do with Markle's ethnicity/heritage. He's done something stupid that I don't think he should have been sacked for, he later apologised and deleted the tweet.

I just think its ironic for the BBC to sack Baker for what they see as being racist but continue to provide Farage et al with a platform to spout their shite
    I've heard him mention it quite a few times on his radio shows and thought of it straight away when I first heard about the tweet he sent.

He acknowledges himself that he knew he was going to be sacked in that Daily Mail article and so I struggle to see how the BBC could have, say, let him off with a warning.

t
    He's got as minor obsession about chimps in human clothing or doing human activities. His bosses would know this of course but they can't afford to be seen to ignore this. Bonkers.