Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
My daughter did the same thing and offered to buy this woman some food but the woman insisted on going in a cafe with her and ordered herself Crêpes & ice cream and coffee, cost her about £12, she was not impressed.

I was not impressed when she told me either because I know she's skint herself but she always tries to help them, people like that spoil it for those who genuinely need help, it's a shame.

The sad thing is they throw away so much, my daughter works for them, she is always trying to help the homeless (see above) and she was so sick of throwing away so much food and having to pass all the homeless people on her way home she nearly left her job, I tried to arrange for a charity to collect the food and they said they would try and sort something out but I still don't think anything has come of it, they said they had problems with reliable people collecting the food each day, there are about 12 shops around Cardiff, it's a crazy amount of food to throw away each day but no registered charities seem to want to collect it.
Might it be down to the fact that some pre-heated foodstuffs are not suitable for redistribution some hours after having been cooked?