+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Interesting to see which posters have yet to comment on our win...

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont have to go back very far - you are obviously suffering from selective memory loss. Just look at the thread headed Warnock started on 19/10 in which you have a right go at Warnock and the whole of the team in a number of posts. There are many more examples over the last few months. We have been playing more positive attacking football all season, especially in the Arsenal and Burnley games but you appear incapable of recognising this in your quest to denegrate the teams efforts and managers tactics.
    Judy, have a look at what i said, you'll see that we implemented a fair portion of what I believed we should do in order to get a result. If you understood football then you would have noticed that for the first time this season our midfield were playing a higher line and not allowing Fulham time to settle or get anything going from the back. Bamba was also doing a great job of stepping into the midfield. We played with more tempo and urgency, something we have to do at home in order to pick up points. You are wrong-again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Judy, have a look at what i said, you'll see that we implemented a fair portion of what I believed we should do in order to get a result. If you understood football then you would have noticed that for the first time this season our midfield were playing a higher line and not allowing Fulham time to settle or get anything going from the back. Bamba was also doing a great job of stepping into the midfield. We played with more tempo and urgency, something we have to do at home in order to pick up points. You are wrong-again.
    I thought our approach to the Burnley game was similar to yesterday, but we didn’t benefit from comedy defending on that occasion.

I don’t think the penny suddenly dropped yesterday, I think there have been several prior signs that we’re trying to be more positive in games. On current form Fulham are probably the ideal team to face to get a result from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I thought our approach to the Burnley game was similar to yesterday, but we didn’t benefit from comedy defending on that occasion.

I don’t think the penny suddenly dropped yesterday, I think there have been several prior signs that we’re trying to be more positive in games. On current form Fulham are probably the ideal team to face to get a result from it.
    Fair shout, same with Tim, I acknowledge that we have tried to win games, it's just my opinion that we have lacked that bit of risk taking that was needed against Burnley and Arsenal, I believe that if we had got at both those teams a little more we would be four points better off, although can't excuse the defensive mistakes in those games. Agree that Fulham were ideal opponents. Yesterday there was more urgency than the Burnley game and more support from midfield. Well pleased with what I saw and enjoyed Patterson showing a fantastic attitude up front and getting infront of defenders to win headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

I may not be an 'expert' like you think you are but I obviously understand football a lot better than you do. Your only interest is constantly criticising the managers tactics and individual players. You are now trying to take credit for previously identifying the tactics to enable our win on Saturday but we actually played very simlarly against Arsenal, Burnley and Newcastle without any luck. Perhaps you missed those games whilst you were off having your ego massaged. You asked me for an example of your critiscism and I gave it to you. There are many more over recent months.

I may not be an 'expert' like you think you are but I obviously understand football a lot better than you do.

You're such a plum. Very funny, but a plum all the same.

I'd love it if we could compare Tuerto's football credentials with yours, but sadly he's not that sort of person. Tell you what, though - he's one of the best judges of the game I've ever met.

As for playing very similarly against Newcastle and Arsenal, you must be taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

You're such a plum. Very funny, but a plum all the same.

I'd love it if we could compare Tuerto's football credentials with yours, but sadly he's not that sort of person. Tell you what, though - he's one of the best judges of the game I've ever met.

As for playing very similarly against Newcastle and Arsenal, you must be taking the piss.
    The fact that you think he is one of 'the best judges of the game that you have ever met' is not very comforting for him but very comforting for me, given the load of rubbish that you have posted on here over the years. Also, how do you know how we played against Newcastle or Arsenal bearing in mind that you never go to watch. I also included Burnley in my post but see that you failed to include them - perhaps because it doesnt help your argument ?

Also, how do you know how we played against Newcastle or Arsenal bearing in mind that you never go to watch. I also included Burnley in my post but see that you failed to include them - perhaps because it doesnt help your argument ?
    I watched the Newcastle game on TV. It was pretty dire. Meanwhile, I was present at the Arsenal, Man City and Burnley games. Everyone I've talked to who did see Saturday's game (I only saw the highlights) suggested City were much-improved. In fairness, that wouldn't have taken much and they were up against one of the worst defences in Europe right now, but everything I've seen and heard suggests it was a much better effort that the previous home games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I watched the Newcastle game on TV. It was pretty dire. Meanwhile, I was present at the Arsenal, Man City and Burnley games. Everyone I've talked to who did see Saturday's game (I only saw the highlights) suggested City were much-improved. In fairness, that wouldn't have taken much and they were up against one of the worst defences in Europe right now, but everything I've seen and heard suggests it was a much better effort that the previous home games this season.
    I doubt even the most one eyed Jack would try to put down the Fulham win by describing their defence (ok they are poor) as one of the worst in Europe. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I doubt even the most one eyed Jack would try to put down the Fulham win by describing their defence (ok they are poor) as one of the worst in Europe. ��������������
    Just a bitter little man

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I doubt even the most one eyed Jack would try to put down the Fulham win by describing their defence (ok they are poor) as one of the worst in Europe. ��������������
    I was merely quoting Sky Sports, who are not one-eyed Jacks as far as I'm aware. As things stand, in statistical terms, Fulham's defence are indeed the worst in the top five leagues in Europe.

The list is as follows:

Fulham - 25 goals conceded from 9 games (Premier League)
    Chievo - 24 goals conceded from 9 games (Serie A)
    Frosinone - 24 goals conceded from 9 games (Serie A)
    SD Huesca - 20 goals conceded from 9 games (La Liga)
    Cardiff City - 19 goals conceded from 9 games (Premier League)
    FC Nurnberg - 19 goals from 8 games (Bundesliga)

That's not an opinion. It's just statistics.

I may not be an 'expert' like you think you are but I obviously understand football a lot better than you do.
    This could well be the greatest post I've ever seen on here

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This could well be the greatest post I've ever seen on here
    Lets be fair, a village idiot would understand football more than Tuerto and you do, so its no great claim by me is it.