+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How did Nigel do ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How did Nigel do ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    when did i say anything about 5.23 million ? ? ?

but nevertheless, them 2 points are undisputed by both sides, we pay more into the EU than we take out AND turkey and Balkan countries are waiting for membership to the EU
    We pay more into running the EU than we get spent on projects here, but the membership of the free trade area gets us 10 times more back than it costs us to contribute to the running of the EU.
    As investments go it's a no brainier .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We pay more into running the EU than we get spent on projects here, but the membership of the free trade area gets us 10 times more back than it costs us to contribute to the running of the EU.
    As investments go it's a no brainier .
    I will add a " might " to that, who is to say if we come out, we might get a 0 % tariff trade agreement, as we import more than we export, the idea just might work

I will add a " might " to that, who is to say if we come out, we might get a 0 % tariff trade agreement, as we import more than we export, the idea just might work
    We only import more from 2 countries - Germany and the Netherlands. All the other countries would have to agree to a 0% trade agreement, and there is no credible source that thinks we are going to get anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We only import more from 2 countries - Germany and the Netherlands. All the other countries would have to agree to a 0% trade agreement, and there is no credible source that thinks we are going to get anything like that.
    maybe, but with no hard facts, we will never know

It's kind of obvious to me that if we aren't agreeing to some of the terms that the EU wants then we won't get as favourable terms in the things that we want.otherwise Norway wouldn't be accepting free movement of people or contributing to the EU budget would they?
    Farage et Al have sold you a dud, they say you can have your cake and eat it. But it isn't going to happen.

for me, i have seen facts,

I'm sorry, but please don't tell me you are basing such an important decision due to the "fact" that some Polish bloke brought you your Cousin Mario's Spag Bol??

Sure, we pay in more than we take out, but in the grand scheme of things, it really isn't that much. What you're not factoring in is the additional revenue that flows to businesses via improved trade, which would arguably dwarf any hard cash that "we" receive.

Richyrich

44% of UK exports go to the EU, while just 8% of what the EU exports goes the other way.

Do you seriously believe we hold the upper hand when it comes to making a trade deal?

With Johnson and Gove doing the deals we would end up with a WTO deal. Then we would be ****ed.