+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

Re: So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    You are joking .....
    Quote Originally Posted by WINSTON WOLF View Post
    good shout with billy davies
    Don't want him here! What is it with Scottish Managers, with Welsh surnames being c***s? The other being Steve Evans.

wizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Dénia Bluebird View Post
    Can only think of Nigel Pearson, tough, a personality and a proven track record, notwithstanding his questionable temperament and disciplinary record, a real scrapper me thinks. Is this job big enough for him though?
    Can you imagine someone with Pearson's ego working with Tan?

Next!

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    It's Bellamy for me-someone said it's a risk but every managerial appointment is just that.I think he would bring an enthusiasm that the club badly needs-I believe the fans would be right behind him and that he would not only bring on some of our youngsters but also attract better players than Slade has been able to bring in.The latter of course would not be difficult.
    I heard from an ex-player today who has links with the club this definitely isn't happening.

Not ITK or anything but that's what he told me.

Blue in the Face

Delighted to see the odds on Clement crashing. Though suspect this is due to just a trend in betting rather any anything substantial.

Have to say, the more I think about it the less I would want Bellars. Feels a bit like Newcastle's clamor for Alan Shearer a few years ago. Given that it would be a colossal gamble I can't see our board going for it anyway.

I agree with you Bellers is a huge risk.Clement would be ok but I also like Glen Hoddle but he too maybe a gamble.

Blue in the Face

I rate Huddle a lot too as a football brain. Would he be better suited as a DOF type role though? Down side of Huddle is he never stays put in a job. This is why I'd favor a younger candidate. But I would be very happy with Hoddle. Could raise the level of the footballing mentality at the club. Good shout.

Ironically the fact that Derby sacked Clement because he was thinking too much about the short term could be a good thing for his next employer. He may feel he wants to amend his reputation on that front...

Quote Originally Posted by WINSTON WOLF View Post
    good shout with billy davies
    He's a horrible little barstud

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I rate Huddle a lot too as a football brain. Would he be better suited as a DOF type role though? Down side of Huddle is he never stays put in a job. This is why I'd favor a younger candidate. But I would be very happy with Hoddle. Could raise the level of the footballing mentality at the club. Good shout.

Ironically the fact that Derby sacked Clement because he was thinking too much about the short term could be a good thing for his next employer. He may feel he wants to amend his reputation on that front...
    I'd love to see Hoddle as director of football. I think he gets bad press but whenever I hear him talk football he talks sense and I could listen to him all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I heard from an ex-player today who has links with the club this definitely isn't happening.

It looks like he's gonna be overlooked and I believe it's a decision we'll regret.
    I think certain people fit with a club like a hand in glove and I believe that would be the case with Bellamy and Cardiff City.

Gus Poyet no longer an option.

He's the new manager of Real Betis.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'd love to see Hoddle as director of football. I think he gets bad press but whenever I hear him talk football he talks sense and I could listen to him all day.
    Always get an insight with him when he does punditry. Most 'experts' simply praise, criticise or state the bloody obvious. Hoddle always has really insightful in game solution on how teams can improve.

Here's one for you,
    Can't see giggsy wanting to work under mourinho , plus with personal problems could do with a move away, wouldn't work for another pl club either ...what do you think giggs for cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

I heard the same Saturday. The chemistry wouldnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggZ View Post
    Here's one for you,
    Can't see giggsy wanting to work under mourinho , plus with personal problems could do with a move away, wouldn't work for another pl club either ...what do you think giggs for cardiff
    Let me think about it.NO..... He would make Slade look and sound intelligent.

Blue in the Face

It will not happen. But just to entertain the prospect I actually think Giggs could to a good job here and his respected stature could bring in some very good loans from the Premier League. Given that FFP rules will put a real restriction on our transfer kitty for this summer, loans could be key to make or break next season for us.

Blue in the Face

Anyone else like me not want Warnock?

I want someone in who at least has the potential to stick around for a long time. Someone who has the long term of the future in mind. Lots of the mentioned candidates could fit this criteria. But Warnock always seems to never last that long at his clubs.

CCFC have proved to give managers a fair crack of the whip over the last ten years. I'm sure longevity will be a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Anyone else like me not want Warnock?

I want someone in who at least has the potential to stick around for a long time. Someone who has the long term of the future in mind. Lots of the mentioned candidates could fit this criteria. But Warnock always seems to never last that long at his clubs.

CCFC have proved to give managers a fair crack of the whip over the last ten years. I'm sure longevity will be a consideration.
    Our aim should be to progress the club as whole and a more long term approach is what we need and for me Craig Bellamy is still a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Slade will still be manager come next season, mark my words.

I still like the idea of Paul Trollope with Bellamy as assistant coach, giving him the experience he needs! Bye bye Scotty etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peteninian View Post
    I still like the idea of Paul Trollope with Bellamy as assistant coach, giving him the experience he needs! Bye bye Scotty etc.
    If Slade failed then surely Trollope failed so why should he be considered for the manager position? Bellamy will never make it as a manager as long as he got a hole in his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    If Slade failed then surely Trollope failed so why should he be considered for the manager position? Bellamy will never make it as a manager as long as he got a hole in his arse.
    But you feel that Slade did a good job and therefore Trollope did a good job and a reassignment of the job roles but the same personal should be to your liking.

We don't know if Bellamy will make a good manager or not.

How do you know that

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Slade will still be manager come next season, mark my words.
    Markbooked

Blue in the Face

So are you saying that if Bellamy gets a "sow job" on his arse, he will be a good manager?

Also, while we're getting anatomical, do you think Slade has pubes? Yes or no?