Thread: Marshall wanting to come home?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Marshall wanting to come home?

We don't need Marshall. Good striker we need

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    We don't need Marshall. Good striker we need
    I agree we need a striker, but why does it have to be one or the other? If there's any chance at all that we could get Marshall back, and, as Barry says, this may well be another Chopra type situation whereby we could pay less for the player than anyone else would have to, then I'd take it like a shot - chwarae teg to Murphy who has done better than I thought he would, but our goals against record this season (two more let in yesterday) is all of the evidence you need of how much we've missed Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree we need a striker, but why does it have to be one or the other? If there's any chance at all that we could get Marshall back, and, as Barry says, this may well be another Chopra type situation whereby we could pay less for the player than anyone else would have to, then I'd take it like a shot - chwarae teg to Murphy who has done better than I thought he would, but our goals against record this season (two more let in yesterday) is all of the evidence you need of how much we've missed Marshall.
    Because we can't afford both

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Because we can't afford both
    We don't know that for sure until the last day of the transfer window and, according to our manager, the plan is for two or three new players arriving before February, not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We don't know that for sure until the last day of the transfer window and, according to our manager, the plan is for two or three new players arriving before February, not just one.
    So, you think we have enough money to buy Marshall and A N Other? We don't have enough money to buy Marshall's gloves, the two or three coming in will be begged, borrowed or stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    So, you think we have enough money to buy Marshall and A N Other? We don't have enough money to buy Marshall's gloves, the two or three coming in will be begged, borrowed or stolen.
    I'm sure if we wanted to, we could buy promotion from the division to the Prem.

Money isn't the problem. It's Tan's envolvement that is the problem.

My thought is that if he now has a team he can trust, perhaps the risk/reward balance would swing a little in favour of spending more for promotion next season then selling up. I know I'd hate us too if I was in Tan's shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I'm sure if we wanted to, we could buy promotion from the division to the Prem.

Money isn't the problem. It's Tan's envolvement that is the problem.

My thought is that if he now has a team he can trust, perhaps the risk/reward balance would swing a little in favour of spending more for promotion next season then selling up. I know I'd hate us too if I was in Tan's shoes.
    When was the last time he attended a game? And now it's transfer window time, and the same people that were calling him names not so long back are showing their nice faces now that the window is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    That's not what I said. Warnock has been saying almost since the day he arrived that he will have to wheel and deal in the January window and has given us plenty of warning that he may have to sell players he wants to keep if we are going to be able to bring in the ones he wants.

Granted, that's going to be a tough ask, because, unlike most of our Championship rivals who finance their transfer business through player sales, we've lost the knack of signing players and developing them to a level where they can be sold for a healthy profit and we have an Academy that has stopped producing first team players, let alone the Ramseys, Gunters or Jeromes that were sold for seven figure sums.

As for Marshall, I'm not saying we should sign him now (it looks like there's no chance of that happening anyway judging by Mrs Marshall's latest tweet on the subject), but, with Hull still owing us money for him, there might have been scope for a loan until the end of the season, with, possibly, a permanent deal being done in the summer.

Bob, I would not take much notice of her latest tweet, as that is in reply to the stick she is getting from Hull fans, I would be more inclined to believe her first tweet. I think there is more to this than a rumor!