+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: Ireland 0 - 1 Wales (official match thead)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ireland v Wales (official match thead)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought he did ok. It's not his fault the defence took the day off. The flair players up front weren't their usual selves either. All in all I would imagine it was a good experience for the young lad, a glimpse of the next level and what needs to be improved. Hopefully he will go out on loan in January to a decent side, as it's a bit of a jump going from playing U23 games one day to Top 10 international teams the next.
    Not much of a jump for someone who is currently the country's second best player though surely?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Not much of a jump for someone who is currently the country's second best player though surely?
    Who were the stand out Welsh players against Denmark? I can't remember anybody having a particularly good game. Ampadu certainly wasn't intimidated by the Danish players, and the penalty decision was harsh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mArGrK4InOQ

Who were the stand out Welsh players against Denmark? I can't remember anybody having a particularly good game. Ampadu certainly wasn't intimidated by the Danish players, and the penalty decision was harsh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mArGrK4InOQ
    I don't think many people are making a judgment on who our top two players are at the moment on the basis of a couple of international games though.

I don't think many people are making a judgment on who our top two players are at the moment on the basis of a couple of international games though.
    He's never been outclassed in any game I've seen him play in. Let's see what the next few games bring, but I think I already know what the outcome is going to be.

He's never been outclassed in any game I've seen him play in. Let's see what the next few games bring, but I think I already know what the outcome is going to be.
    I thought the point you were making was that he is currently our second best player not that he might become that in the near future.

3 star men .. Ampadu is our second best player!

I would agree that he has the potential to become perhaps our most influential player as Bales and Ramsey's talents wane but there is a gap in experience and quality that will take some time to close.

I thought the point you were making was that he is currently our second best player not that he might become that in the near future.

3 star men .. Ampadu is our second best player!

I would agree that he has the potential to become perhaps our most influential player as Bales and Ramsey's talents wane but there is a gap in experience and quality that will take some time to close.
    O ye, of little faith

I'm talking about the quality of the opposition, not the ability of the player. Even the world's best players need to be playing at the highest levels to maintain their competative edge.