Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
Where does it all end? Acting is an activity in which a story is told by means of its enactment by an actor or actress who adopts a character. A documentary is the medium where people can tell their own story. How about demands by mass murderers and psychopaths to play themselves? Films are fantasy adaptations by design.
To be fair, that's not specifically true, I know what you're getting at but a film doesn't necessarily have to be fictional, would you call Titanic a documentary?

From my understanding the film is based on a real person? I can see why trnsgender people would be p*ssed off with this, but saying that, if this is the "real issue" as one of the "activists" (Tweeting doesn't make you an activist) puts it "“THATS THE REAL ISSUE. WE CANT EVEN GET IN THE ROOM. Cast actors WHO ARE TRANS as NON TRANS CHARACTERS. I DARE YOU.”". Then I'm sorry but your community aren't facing real discrimination in my view

This quote from an article made me laugh: "“Oh word?? So you can continue to play us but we can’t play y’all?” Trace Lysette, a transgender actress best known for appearing on Amazon’s “Transparent,” wrote on Twitter after the casting announcement. “Hollywood is so f—ed… I wouldn’t be as upset if I was getting in the same rooms as Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett for cis roles, but we know that’s not the case. A mess.”" No, the reason you aren't in the same room as Lawrence & Johansson for ating roles has nothing to do with being transgender, they're Hollywood stars, you're best known for some Amazon TV series nobody's heard of