+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conifers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Conifers

I cut mine down 5 of mine with a mate ,the top is easily sawed as its thin .

Cut the branches first so you can lean a ladder against it .

Cut it in sections top to bottom.

Tie a rope to the top so you can bring it down in the right direction when you saw.

When you have cut down to the bottom your work gets harder due to the thickness at the base ,I bought a £50 chainsaw to attack the base be careful though, still way cheaper than paying a tree cutter.

You can kill the root by drilling holes in it and putting SBK or cover it and it should rot .

Good luck be careful.

Re: Conifers

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I cut mine down 5 of mine with a mate ,the top is easily sawed as its thin .

Cut the branches first so you can lean a ladder against it .

Cut it in sections top to bottom.

Tie a rope to the top so you can bring it down in the right direction when you saw.

When you have cut down to the bottom your work gets harder due to the thickness at the base ,I bought a £50 chainsaw to attack the base be careful though, still way cheaper than paying a tree cutter.

You can kill the root by drilling holes in it and putting SBK or cover it and it should rot .

Good luck be careful.
    Its 50ft High FFS when he gets up there with a ladder and holding a chainsaw, I would like to be there with a video camera if that ok!

Pay a skilled guy to do it or leave it alone is my advice. My Mrs was an A & E Nurse for 30 odd years and so many gruesome accidents with ladders and chainsaws. Just my opinion. You wont be able to enjoy the extra light if you only have part of a head.