+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A true Welsh super star

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A true Welsh super star

another memory of the bish is on the baseball diamond . baseball was pretty big in the 70/80's in the summer months but for some reason he ended up playing for newport side alexandra old boys probably cause they were paying him .lol and he was decent bowler around at the time not the best but decent i hit him for 4 and caught him out in the field for a duck he wasn't happy .lol . . might sound stupid to the masses but great memories now when i think about it . playing baseball with rugby and football pro's was great back then . now youngsters are immersed with xbox and facebook it seems FFS where did it all go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    another memory of the bish is on the baseball diamond . baseball was pretty big in the 70/80's in the summer months but for some reason he ended up playing for newport side alexandra old boys probably cause they were paying him .lol and he was decent bowler around at the time not the best but decent i hit him for 4 and caught him out in the field for a duck he wasn't happy .lol . . might sound stupid to the masses but great memories now when i think about it . playing baseball with rugby and football pro's was great back then . now youngsters are immersed with xbox and facebook it seems FFS where did it all go wrong
    I played against him, when he played for The Illtyds.
    He bowled one ball right under the chin of one of Grangetowns finest, and caused a 22 man mass brawl at Greenway Road!

that's rumney boys for you strangetown

even worse when you played llanrumney !!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    that's rumney boys for you strangetown

even worse when you played llanrumney !!
    I had 3 days in hospital with internal bleeding after one scrap at Ball Road!
    Them were the days!

how stupid when you think about it now strangetown !

grange albion v llanrumney baseball was like a cardiff / swansea / bristol derby over a game of rounders .lol

loved all the grange derbys too sadly will never get that back