Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Thinking about the subject in hand, I calculated that, in the EU referendum, of those that voted, once England reached 60% in favour one way or another, the rest of the UK could have voted 100% the opposite way, yet England would have won.

I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed in future referenda. Because of its size, what England wants, it gets. That means the rest of the UK has, in reality, little say. England is never going to agree to diminish its say within the UK, yet that marginalises the rest of the UK.
Yip, that needs to be addressed but will they ?

Wales voted to 'leave' the EU but about a quarter of the population of Wales was born in England, would Wales have voted 'Leave' otherwise ?[Scotland hardly has any English born in comparison], also the incomers tend to be old, about half of all over 65s in Wales are from England and the old tended to voted for Brexit.
I felt the UK had the potential to breakup a couple of decades ago, due to Scotland and Wales having to put up with perpetual right wing Westminster Governments after Labour became a right wing party, things have changed over those last 20 years with immigration from England into Wales on the one hand helping too tie Wales to England, but on the other hand the Scots voting for a separatist party in huge numbers and now getting dragged out of Europe against their will after only just missing out on an independence vote after dubious practices and then we have the birth rate in the North of Ireland eating into the unionist gerrymandering figures as well as the Republic doing well and UK not doing so well and they are getting dragged out of the EU against their wishes then the union might well be on its last legs in its present form.

If Scotland and N.Ireland go then what will become of Wales I wonder ?